• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tracy Jordan's New Buggy

It is my favorite KOH build. I bet he still has a ton in it. The guy he used for the wiring does Trophy Trucks and that costa around $6-7k alone.

All the hate on the bug hood and I think it turned out killer. Really nice rig

So many shops bringing new concepts into the off road world: suspension, steering parts and angles, shocks, chassis design, cross over from other motor sports (VW and Scat), brakes (werent we all running 3/4 ton Chevrolet stuff a few years back?), materials (4340, heat treating, 300M, carbon)... the technology is getting crazy!

Well done Spidertrax and Mr. Jordan!

Although the benchmarking new builds we have witnessed in the past year have been awesome, I am anxious to see how they affect the overall market when builders "share" ideas and push the envelope even farther, for example:
Campbell + exotic engine + two seats
Woodlee + more CNC tools + IFS
RandyBuilt + full time CNC laser tubing cutter and waterjet + smaller motor + Randy's amazing exhaust/turbo skills
CTM + enough spare time to finish his prototype "Jaxles"
PSC + full custom rams and pumps specifically engineered for high/rpm racing/crawling... dual stage? multiple pumps? servos? The aircraft industry has AMAZING hydraulic apps, lets hear it P!

Carbon fiber brakes, intakes, suspension seats, steering wheel, pedals, firewall, interior "frame" portion of chassis
All alum. 4 or 6 cyl with forced induction and GOOD oiling capability
2 stroke marine motors?
Ceramic bearings --> we run them in cycling; ultra lightweight, very minimal resistance
Gun drilled titanium fasteners
Better transfer case options --> We're still running a 10 yr old design in $200k+ rigs, :wtflol: full selectable high and low range, shift on the fly via switch, multiple ratios, kthxbye
Transmissions designed for racing, not your grandpas old farm truck

With the interest KOH has sparked, I hope vendors will begin to radically redesign their parts/outlook. Maybe there is finally a market for items mentioned above??? :woot:

P said:
Tranny's and Tcases are there....Lovell's for example on the Tcase... but I get what your saying .

Availability of Lovell sucks, plus its low range only... We need variable ratio, fully selectable, small, lightweight, and to have some cake/eat it too. laughing1

P, what is the story on REAL hydraulic systems?
The father of one of my best friends in HS was one of the lead hydraulic engineers for the F-22. I was working in the hydro assist system I had on my old K5 I had in HS, and he was helping me to make it operate more efficiently. While turning the wheel lock to lock as fast as possible and measuring the results over one minute, he explained to me that one of the "average" hydraulic rams on the F-22 was 36,000 times quicker cycle-cycle, equally more responsive, larger, handling 25x more pressure, and having a zero failure rate. :eek:

B Gillespie said:
he explained to me that one of the "average" hydraulic rams on the F-22 was 36,000 times quicker cycle-cycle, equally more responsive, larger, handling 25x more pressure, and having a zero failure rate. :eek:

Yeah, but it probably cost $100000 for one ram :eek:

I did not like the bug body at first but now it has come together it looks damn good. In todays time with all the new 300m, platinum alloy/ chromoly, 50 splined **** how and when will it ever stop evolving. Some of the koh stuff I have seen this year is so sophisticated that the it takes full sponsorship for someone to afford to play in this league. I am not bitchin at all it's cool to see the creativity but it also gets to the point where you have to cheer for the underdog because he's competing with a budget not an unlimited one. I can't wit to see how some of the most expensive rigs ever built will match up against some of the tried and true budget rigs....good luck to all....

onealdodge said:
I did not like the bug body at first but now it has come together it looks damn good. In todays time with all the new 300m, platinum alloy/ chromoly, 50 splined **** how and when will it ever stop evolving. Some of the koh stuff I have seen this year is so sophisticated that the it takes full sponsorship for someone to afford to play in this league. I am not bitchin at all it's cool to see the creativity but it also gets to the point where you have to cheer for the underdog because he's competing with a budget not an unlimited one. I can't wit to see how some of the most expensive rigs ever built will match up against some of the tried and true budget rigs....good luck to all....

Alot of what people think is new is not. Dimple dies being the rage the last few years were used alot in wwII aircraft. I have a Offroad magazine from 94 with an article on terible herbst's prerunner (not even their race truck). Rear end has 47 spline 300m shafts, chro-mo frame, mastercraft seats, gps, cnc disc brakes, 17" wheels with 37" bfg t/a's, hydo assist, airbumps, bypass shocks, /\ in the windshield cage and 40 of trear travel, 28" front. I was 19 when it came in the mail, and had no idea what I was looking at. The rest of the mag is full of trucks with 20 chrome shocks with pink shock boots and tripple crhome roll bars, a 6 wheel steer steer f350, a chrome jeep (even the body) and not a www. to be found.

Yeah a lot of things are finally making their way to the rock crawling world. Trophy Trucks have been using high-tech products for year. I think Spidertrax is very innovative company, I think they have made and will make tons of advancement in this fields.

WICKED, ABSOLUTLEY WICKED. I too, was a bughater. But after seeing those pictures, I can't help but have a whole new respect for the Rock Bug. No, not a swinger, but an appreciator of fine crafstmanship and a look into the next page of the fabricators journal. This just goes to show that the creativity of this sport is tireless in it's efforts to stretch the envelope. This is only one of 100's of rigs that will be out there and who know's what the "Barn Fabricator" will bring to the table. Remember Randy Torbitt and the tractor axles? Just different strokes for different folks. This event is going to be off the wall on so many different levels. In my eyes there are no losers, just luckier people than I who are able to participate in such an event. Good luck to all and be safe. :dblthumb: