• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail-gear pump question?

dove'd85

okay so here's my delema, i bought a trail-gear power steering pump less then a year ago and for some reason the seal behind the pulley is leaking.... so i call trail gear to see if they have the seal or a part number and of course they don't.... they said to just send it in and it would be a couple weeks before they could tell me if it is going to be covered under warrenty:mad: .... well i don't have that kind of time so does anyone else have this pump or one similar that could possible point me in the direction of a new seal?:beer:

thanks in advance

okay so here's my delema, i bought a trail-gear power steering pump less then a year ago and for some reason the seal behind the pulley is leaking.... so i call trail gear to see if they have the seal or a part number and of course they don't.... they said to just send it in and it would be a couple weeks before they could tell me if it is going to be covered under warrenty:mad: .... well i don't have that kind of time so does anyone else have this pump or one similar that could possible point me in the direction of a new seal?:beer:

thanks in advance

Wow--thats pretty sad--they can't give you any info on a product they sell :rolleyes: :looser:

James--my best guess is to pull the pully and then pull the seal to see if there are any #'s on it--then try to match those #'s up at a good parts store....

All this because they don't want to tell you where they buy the parts that they mark up and resell? :looser:

I've had really good luck finding random specialty seals for mixing and matching parts on my rig just going in to Napa with dimensions and seal style. They've all been surprisingly affordable and available next day :cool:

Trailgear *snicker* :haha: :haha: :haha:

All this because they don't want to tell you where they buy the parts that they mark up and resell? :looser:

Maybe they should sell seals then and make some more money marking up shitty foreign parts. Trailqueer brings teh suck. :looser:

Mines seems to be dribbling out of there, I didn't get a year on it though, just 2 comps and a trail day. I'm going to phone them next week and I'll post up what they say. If you find a seal post up the part #.

thanks in advance

James--what motor is this for? I am going to stir the pot some on this---because I feel this is upright bullshit....

The TG pump is a chinese knockoff of a TC style saginaw pump. My guess is any front seal for one of those pumps will solve your issue.

All else fails grab a $79 pump meant for a cherokee but if you do that pay attention and order one without resivoir then swap the valveing off the TG pos pump onto it.

Chinese knock off sure, but the trail gear pump seems to put out some pretty good pressure and flow, vs a stock pump. With sticky's, water filled tires and the rig laying on its side I can still turn.

I personally have never had a bad dealing with TG, but I also know what I'm buying when I spend the $.

other then the leaking seal the pump works ****in awesome:cool: , ya it's bull **** that they can't give me a seal or a part#, i am takin the seal down to napa to find a seal....:rolleyes:... highly unlikely though:; i have been in there twice in the last two months trying to find the input shaft seal for my ifs box and they couldn't come up with a part number.... i got on pirate found the NAPA part number for the seal i needed and took it to them. two days later i had the seal i needed:haha: i went back into there just the other day to try and get another one of those seals. and once again it was not in there computer. and once again i find my self searching pirate for their ****ing part number:mad: what a ****in hassle:puke:

I find it hard to believe there is no kaman bearing and seal store or something of the like on that side of the mountains... Here I can walk in with a seal or bearing and within a couple days they have what I need....

other then the leaking seal the pump works ****in awesome:cool: , ya it's bull **** that they can't give me a seal or a part#, i am takin the seal down to napa to find a seal....:rolleyes:... highly unlikely though:; i have been in there twice in the last two months trying to find the input shaft seal for my ifs box and they couldn't come up with a part number.... i got on pirate found the NAPA part number for the seal i needed and took it to them. two days later i had the seal i needed:haha: i went back into there just the other day to try and get another one of those seals. and once again it was not in there computer. and once again i find my self searching pirate for their ****ing part number:mad: what a ****in hassle:puke:

This for a 22re james?

Ruh-roh... the rental buggy has this pump. I wonder if I shall have leakage problems? sounds like it :booo:

Stealthrunner has the same pump, he's been running it for quite awhile, never have heard him mention havinng a leak.

I think mine leaking (very very minor) is more to do with heat than anything else.

james dont pull it apart that will for surely void any warrenty. tg has always been good with me, and overnighted a part when they did make a mistake.
i would post on their forum so it is more public in their eyes. they usualy have realy good customer service. that sucks man..
also call me some time you fawker!! my rig is done. until something breaks or i come up with money for a locker or longs, or bigger tires etc.. i want to wheel..

mike- yes it is for a 22re:awesomework:
Mine works Fine had it on for appox. 1.5 years!!! a little seepage around the hose but works fine!!!

I find it hard to believe there is no kaman bearing and seal store or something of the like on that side of the mountains... Here I can walk in with a seal or bearing and within a couple days they have what I need....

there are seal stores around town, but i would expect a company to know their parts and how to fix them.... this isn't the first incident i have had with TG:rolleyes:

Bill- thats a great idea. but it works both ways fawker you got my number:flipoff: spent a couple hours at walker on saturday man lets ****in do some wheelin:beer:

Looks like noone else knows who Kaman is........

Theres one down by the water in everett.

mike- yes it is for a 22re:awesomework:

there are seal stores around town, but i would expect a company to know their parts and how to fix them.... this isn't the first incident i have had with TG:rolleyes:

Bill- thats a great idea. but it works both ways fawker you got my number:flipoff: spent a couple hours at walker on saturday man lets ****in do some wheelin:beer:

Thanks james--time to stir the pot of **** up over on POR :redneck: