• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail status

I was wondering if some of the trails have been lifted of the closer,the road that goes from the 70 road to Naches?.:corn:

Called again tonight right before they closed and she told me they will know early next week :mad: Yesterday when I called I was transferred right to the head ohv officer personal phone. So who knows? Think I'm just gonna go to liberty.

Called the main office,and it was forwarded to his personal phone,when he picked up he just said hello, which thru me off,that's when I asked about any of the 4wd trails being open for the holiday. He then said that the forwarded # was straight to his personal phone. He proceeded to tell me he would know by late this afternoon if it would be open. When I was forwarded to him yesterday he said it was recommended it be open. Same lady I talked to today was, to me guessing. It was the same lady who transferred me to him yesterday. Awesome communication between the rangers!! Sounds like a evans creek feasco, oh yeah sure we will have it open at midnight,WRONG,was there at 1am,gate closed,came back at 9am,gate still closed. Had to drive to the ranger station myself to get them to open it:mad: Even though one of there own said they opened it. Nice heads up before a major holiday weekend.

Last edited:
Always get names of the people your talking to when working with the govt. otherwise all you have is hearsay.

Gary (leece) is who I talked too. Just got off the phone and said his recommendation of being open was denied. Said rimrock had a bunch of mud holes still. He's hoping they will lift it by next Friday. Nothing a 1-2 day notice for a vacation weekend.

yes....

All off-road trails on the Cle Elum Ranger District EXCEPT TABLE MOUNTAIN (hard closure date until June 15th) are OPEN this Memorial Day Weekend - TO THE SNOW LINE. Still early season riding so please carry a handsaw! From Naches: Effective today, we are opening up our motorized trails to all users except the Bethel Ridge area trails and the Clover Springs area trails, and asking folks to turn around if they reach snow line.

Now the big test begins that will decide if this ever happens again. We worked hard to make this happen so please behave yourselves and police our own to show were worthy.:awesomework:

I don't know the districts too well - Does this mean the Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks will be open now? I've been planning a trip there for a few months now in hopes it'd be open this weekend, and now it's a day away and I still don't know where I'm heading. Either way, it's good news if it does in fact happen at all.

Naches RD Motorized Trails Update

Date(s): May 20, 2015 - Jun 15, 2015

The Naches Ranger District recreation managers have updated the seasonal trail restrictions as current conditions warrant a partial opening prior to June 15. Motorized Trails opening date will be May 21, except for Bethel Ridge, Oak Creek, Section 3 Lake and Clover Springs area which will be closed until June 15. Forest Service and volunteer partners will make every effort to clear trails of logs and other forest debris so trail systems can be opened as soon as they dry out.

Copied and pasted from here: http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/okawen/alerts-notices/?aid=28208

Does this mean the Wagon trail is open? The news releases never seem to make that clear.

Only the east side is open. the west side is closed. we will be having a huge workparty up there next weekend on both side to fix the bridges and address damage done over the winter.

That is what I suspected. I really wish I could make it for the work party. Naches is my favorite place to wheel for the sheer beauty of it. Tore up my back and can't sit for more than 30 minutes, much less bend or lift. No work party for me for a while. :(

Thanks all you guys doing this massive effort!

Only the east side is open. the west side is closed. we will be having a huge workparty up there next weekend on both side to fix the bridges and address damage done over the winter.

Please keep me posted for this one... I'd like to start getting more involved on my home side of the cheese

Thank you folks who worked to get it open..

Its really eerie where the fire hit.

Was really odd I only saw 2 small patches of snow on the trail at wells meadow...

Rookie question, but where is the "official" line between east and west / where can users running west to east access the trail legally?

Thanks!