• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer brake wiring, '99 Dodge 2500

CrustyJeep

I need to get a brake controller installed in the new Dodge. It looks like the wire for the brakes is in the harness, and just from poking around, it looks like it terminates in a disconnected plug right near the clutch master cyl. reservoir.

Am I in the right ballpark here? Should I hit the Dodge dealer for thingies, or go all after market?

I have a 99 cummins, mine has a plug that you just plug the controller into, it came all wired. hopfully yours is already wired:awesomework:

Yeah, there's a pigtail you need to get from dodge that will plug into that plug under the dash... all you have to do is mate up the wires on your brake controller with the ones on the pigtail, and you're golden.

I'm not sure about the 99's. The Dodge's I've seen the plug is near the Emergency brake. It's Blue.

I got a nice Tekonsha Voyager with my $750 Ferd purchase last week... I'm sure it'll be great when I finally buy a trailer that has brakes. :redneck:

That's all I have to add really.

tekonsha prodigy brake controller or P3 which is the new version. lifetime warranty too. they sell a harness that will plug right in to stock wiring:D voyager sucks = waste of money:puke:

I have the plug and play harness for a dawdge. I got it when I bought my prodigy and ended up not needing it.

You can have it fo free if you want it.

when i bought my prodigy for an extra $10 i could buy the premade harness with plugs in both ends......well worth 10 bones. hardest part was laying under the dash:redneck:

Karl and Ben, I feel the urge to fondle your buttocks :D

What does the pig tail look like? Is it just some wires with a plug for the Dodge, or an adapter specific to the controller you bought?

What does the pig tail look like? Is it just some wires with a plug for the Dodge, or an adapter specific to the controller you bought?

You splice the wires from the controller plug (black with striped wires) onto the plug that goes under your dash (blue plug with striped wires) then plug it in.

Last edited:

one with a contorler plug end and other with a truck plug./....like a charm...come awn google that ****.:flipoff: