• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer parts...

charliesnyder

Hey boys, just picked up my first trailer to haul around my Toy on. Want to do a few upgrades to it. Is there anywhere local to get parts or anywhere online that you recommend?

I just picked up a 16' 7K LB tandom axle flatbed. I'm going to be adding brakes to the 2nd axle, adding a few reflectors, repainting it, possibly upgrading the lights and a few other minor things.

Any suggestions on paint to use and other upgrades I should consider?

Hey boys, just picked up my first trailer to haul around my Toy on. Want to do a few upgrades to it. Is there anywhere local to get parts or anywhere online that you recommend?

I just picked up a 16' 7K LB tandom axle flatbed. I'm going to be adding brakes to the 2nd axle, adding a few reflectors, repainting it, possibly upgrading the lights and a few other minor things.

Any suggestions on paint to use and other upgrades I should consider?

6 Roblee's in North Renton/South Seattle area, right off International Blvd - http://sixrobblees.com/

I've also found that etrailer.com has decent prices and a huge selection.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll check out the place in Renton when I get home in a few weeks. I've been on etrailer.com a few times. Doesn't look like to bad of a place.

Is this where you got the parts for your build Chop?

Yep, All my parts came form Freeway.

My roomate worked there for years as the parts a service guy, but recently started a new job in the elec union.
Still have lots of good folks there.

Alot of the times they can beat 6 robbers price cuz they are one of the largest 6robbers buyers and get a huge volume break.

I just got a pair of electric brake backing plates to convert a surge/hydro boat trailer and some new safety chains and a breakaway switch and battery too.

Freeway is great people. While alot of folks suggest other trailer MFGers and sellers, I never see any of the "other" stores or brands sponsor or support motorsports events as much as freeway does. :beer:

Fife is definately a LOT closer to me and I could hit that up without much wasted time. I'll be getting loaded backing plates and hub/rotor combo.. Gotta have them dual braking axles..

where did you buy it? IIRC its illegal to sell a tandem trailer in WA without brakes on both axles. I know it was when I built my car trailer in 88.. You may have some free brakes coming....

where did you buy it? IIRC its illegal to sell a tandem trailer in WA without brakes on both axles. I know it was when I built my car trailer in 88.. You may have some free brakes coming....
I bought from a private seller. I'm not the kind of guy to get a smokin' ass deal like I did then take it back and say "put brakes on that other axle".... Just not the kind of person I am. Trailer is a few years old and was built in Missouri.

Putting brakes on one axle gives me a legit excuse, to my wife, to tear into the other axle and do bearings as well as put a new break away switch on it. I got the trailer for a good price and knew it only had brakes on one axle when I first started looking at it.

Last edited:
Not so much a NEED brakes on the other axle as I WANT brakes on it. I tow a lot over the pass and back so I want to save my Ford's brakes as much as possible. I want to feel safe with my Toyota behind me. Its going to be around 150 total to do brakes so IMO its worth it. The trailer will be getting a few more upgrades to go with the brakes so expect more questions from me -- as this is my first trailer.

Thanks for all the input on where to buy guys!

Charlie

Everett Brake and Clutch Supply, brakes complete with backing plates and all, 208 bucks. Came with new seals and dust cap for drums. All I Have to do is unbolt the old ones and bolt on the new ones, reconnect the wire and Repack bearings. Good people to work with...

Would help if we knew what area your from. I buy all my trailer stuff at Olympic Trailers in Lacey. There are places for everything...everywhere. let us know what's local for you.

Latest posts