• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer Qs

chainsaw

Hope this belong here. Im looking for a trailer. One of those dual axle SUPER low deck trailers, its gonna be a trailer for my wheeler as well as my buddies 89 trans am drag car, hence the low. What are these called? What a resonable cost? Used is always good. Where can I look at them? Thanks in advance.

Car trailers.

The deck can only get so low unless its custom. Just make longer ramps for it or use a "secondary" ramp with the main ramp to help with the approach angle for his drag car.

Using the tongue jack to raise the front of the trailer (even if its still attached to the tow rig) will help lessen the angle as well.

Depending on how overweight your trail rig is, the cheapest, and lowest "off the shelf" trailers out there are the "angle iron" 7K units. They are also the lightest and while not the strongest, aren't all that bad (school I went to many moons ago had one that they hauled experimental cars cross country MANY a time with no issues). You can usually pick them up for just under 2K before they add all the taxes and BS. Shop around. Downside is "used" ones won't be much less, might as well buy new.

If you shop used (or new for that matter), ONLY get one that is 83" +/- wide (7-feet), many "equipment" trailers are narrower, and will work for lots of rigs... till your trail rig grows and now you have to drive over fenders or all that BS.

Hope this belong here. Im looking for a trailer. One of those dual axle SUPER low deck trailers, its gonna be a trailer for my wheeler as well as my buddies 89 trans am drag car, hence the low. What are these called? What a resonable cost? Used is always good. Where can I look at them? Thanks in advance.

A beavertail would probably be best for a dual purpose (wheeler / drag car) trailer. I have one that I might sell....will post pics later when I get home.

A beavertail would probably be best for a dual purpose (wheeler / drag car) trailer. I have one that I might sell....will post pics later when I get home.
[poach] if its a 10K I might be interest in it for chainsaw doesn't go. [/poach]

This is the best trailer design that I have seen out there to load low cars. This design can be refined with a 20 foot deck to load a VERY LOW car.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dolw2smrbN4&feature=related[/YT]

Latest posts