• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer Tie Downs - Where To Buy?

84Toyota4x4

Where can I get some ratchet straps to hold vehicles on a trailer? Im trying to get myself setup with new stuff. Ive always used chain and load binders that I borrowed in the past. I want to get myself some straps as well as chain and load binders, but Im not sure where to look, or even what to search for. Anyone know of any places that have good deals or anything? Thanks in advance.

~T.J.

Last edited:

pacific industrial supply... they have all kinds of used and new ****... they are in seattle.. look it up for the address.. they have all kinds of **** there lots of cheap metal

Straps

I think I got my ratchet straps from performance hitch in Puyallup??.. May also want to try Trail gear.

I just got a macs ultra pac shipped for 180 from macs. Im lazy and dont have time to go anywhere so it was a easy decision.

chains and straps

Nelson Truck in Seattle at 143th and Aroura Ave N.

The have on hand or can get most any binding system. Or you can also go thru Grangers.

John

home depot has 2" 10,000LB straps 25' long $15 ea., so does Joes, maybe even Lowes:awesomework:

Last edited:
I was looking at the generic straps that are 3" x 25' with the 10K (3K WL) rating, but none that I have found have the axle loop hook built in. Id like to get some with that so I can use them either way. Thanks for the suggestions though. I will look into them all. I was hoping for somewhere local so I can pick them up (got a few cars to move real soon), but I might go ahead and order online too depending on what I find. Im also lazy and dont like running around everywhere under the sun.

~T.J.

Home Depot has the "Keeper" brand 2" 10K rated (not 3" as mentioned earlier), as well as Lowes... Also, if there's a Fastenal in your area, they've also got binders(ratcheting and leverage style), chain, ratchet straps, just about anything you need (at least here in B'ham, which I'm told is a small store?)
I wouldn't worry about the straps breaking, as long as you take care of them, and don't chaff 'em.....had a couple sets for quite a few yrs now, and are showing no wear/strain/pulling threads in the sewn areas....just bought a couple more a couple months ago at Home Depot cuz they were on sale for $13.96....

I had planned to check Fastenal. I know they have some. Even United Rentals has some as well.

Do the ones at Lowes/Home Depot versions have the "axle strap" hook on them?

~T.J.

EDIT: Found them online. Doesnt look like they have the hook, but I can always get the short axle straps separately later if I need them. I think these will work for now with such short notice.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...053&productId=100173647&N=10000003+90044+2499

Last edited:
I use the 2" Home Depot ones without issue for the last few years. I had a 3" set before that, but they left with the trailer one weekend and it came back without them. :D

Local shop has what you need

I was looking at the generic straps that are 3" x 25' with the 10K (3K WL) rating, but none that I have found have the axle loop hook built in. Id like to get some with that so I can use them either way. Thanks for the suggestions though. I will look into them all. I was hoping for somewhere local so I can pick them up (got a few cars to move real soon), but I might go ahead and order online too depending on what I find. Im also lazy and dont like running around everywhere under the sun.

~T.J.

That's exacty what I have. I purchased them at the hitch/trailer supply shop at SR 512/Meridian in Puyallup for about $175 for a set of 4. (take a right at the AARCO station and the store is about 1/4 mile on the right, just past the SR 167/512 interchange, and parallel to the highway) They hold well, havn't had any wear problems, and I can get my rig on and off the trailer quickly without screwing with binders.

That's exacty what I have. I purchased them at the hitch/trailer supply shop at SR 512/Meridian in Puyallup for about $175 for a set of 4. (take a right at the AARCO station and the store is about 1/4 mile on the right, just past the SR 167/512 interchange, and parallel to the highway) They hold well, havn't had any wear problems, and I can get my rig on and off the trailer quickly without screwing with binders.

That store is no longer there.

Get proper tie-down straps... that clip on and lock together.

Mac's Super Pack or Mac's Ultra Pack. Lots of Pirate vendors sell them, they are in the above Poly link.

At local swap meets you can also get Beck's Custom Tie downs, as good of quality as the Mac's and they are local.

I prefer them over the standard cargo strap available at Home depot, Fasneall ect because they latch, if they come loose they don't fall off.... the cargo straps can.

Vehicle straps for vehicles, cargo straps for cargo (I have and use both for their specific uses). Taken care of they will last a LONG time... abused and they are junk. I've had my Becks for 6-7 years now, no issues.
________
Vermont Dispensaries

Last edited:
When buying straps and ratchets beware of knock offs and cheap crap...The best way to tell is if they are CA. Rated for their breaking weight. Ask the dealer or sales person and beware if they answer unknown or no...:eeek:

"CAL Rated plus weight" should be printed on the strap

I've got some US Military issue straps that work great...

Also have chains and binders(not the ratcheting crap) these work great as well...

I'm buying the Mac set and using my old ones for **** I'm not worried about trashing my tie down gear on...

My $0.02...