• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer Tie Downs - Where To Buy?

On a side note:

Why do all the flatbed semi's you see on the road have ratchet straps every 2 feet or so to tie a 50,000lb. load down???

At local swap meets you can also get Beck's Custom Tie downs, as good of quality as the Mac's and they are local.

I prefer them over the standard cargo strap available at Home depot, Fasneall ect because they latch, if they come loose they don't fall off.... the cargo straps can.

The only time I've seen the cargo-type come off is if they aren't properly secured/fastened in the first place--IMHO... I'm not saying they're equivalant to the Macs or Beck's, but if secured properly, they'll do just fine...

That was exactly one of my reasons for not wanting the cargo strap style with the double J hooks. Id much rather have the clip on twisted hook style. But, its hard to find those last minute "on the cheap". I will probably get a set of the cargo style for now, then a set from Mac after that. I like the look/price of their sets. I just have two cars I need to move in the near future, so for two trips, Im sure they will be fine *knocks on wood*

~T.J.

but none that I have found have the axle loop hook built in.

~T.J.

Go to FreewayTrailer in tacoma, ask for Jack and he will hook you up with the straps with axle hooks. He is a good friend and hooked up alot of folks that I have built custom trailers for.:awesomework: