• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Treps vs SX Sticky

TN-CTD said:
I'm looking at the 40in Treps not 42's and here is my jeep at ride height with a leaking rear airshock lol

1860_10206018146161915_5075093064534140260_n.jpg

Your dogs name is "leaking air shock"?.........(nice rig)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we have a similar setup. 117" WB 1st pic is with 42" pitbulls. They just rub in the rear. 2nd pic with 40 (38") treps. Good looking rig thumb.gif

in terms of stickiness between the two on the rocks...its no comparison in my opinion - the treps are stickier.

But the 43s are badass tires as well in their own right. They are much bigger, and they dont NOT stick...they are way stickier than the old shitty sticky iroks...so if that is what you want; youll need the 43s

They both work about the same in the terrain we have around the SE, so its really just a matter of size and/or :tc status

U wanna point and shoot, bounce and raise hell ?? 43's is the ticket.
Wanna tire that's tough, sticky, can walk up anything a red can, slow technical crawl, hill kill, and occasionally have panties thrown at you while driving?? TREPS for the win.... Easy as that. ;D

Re:

Treps are sticky enough to twist up a driveshaft, with my buddy Grand Pa at the helm, using 14hp @700 rpm's. ^^^^^^^

That being said, Grand Pa's mentor rocks Red Labels on two of his rigs.

Them sticky 43's are tough but heavy. More width and height and sidewall equals more weight. I've watched them get beat on on YouTube Hill and they stuck well enough for BK Films to be the first and only one I've witnessed to come out the top.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

kushKrawlin said:
Wanna tire that's tough, sticky, can walk up anything a red can, slow technical crawl, hill kill, and occasionally have panties thrown at you while driving?? TREPS for the win.... Easy as that. ;D

:rolf:

Re: Re: Treps vs SX Sticky

kushKrawlin said:
I wouldn't exactly say Treps can walk anything that Reds can. You can definitely tell a difference between the two on boatramp.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Treps are sticky enough to twist up a driveshaft, with my buddy Grand Pa at the helm, using 14hp @700 rpm's. ^^^^^^^

That being said, Grand Pa's mentor rocks Red Labels on two of his rigs.

Them sticky 43's are tough but heavy. More width and height and sidewall equals more weight. I've watched them get beat on on YouTube Hill and they stuck well enough for BK Films to be the first and only one I've witnessed to come out the top.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Ahhhh couple of low blows there u lil snake. 1st... Badass buggy with rear steer, yep lil advantage there. 2nd when it's just me and John G riding , he always ask to drive my rig around. I was thinking it was the cloud of titties he loved, but then I drove solo, come to find out that sucker has been floating on a cloud of Tits... So it has to be the tires right? Hahahaha
But seriously. How often do you see some 43's doin any technical crawling ?

Re:

infamous1 said:
How are the treps in the sticky clay/loose muddy stuff?

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
Look. I'm being serious. They are Fukin amazing. I took the 44 TSL's out not to long ago and I was blown away at the ass beating I had to put on my baby to make it out of some of the pickles I got my **** in. John G can tell ya.. He was there rolling his eyes, shakin his head, and reminding me what an idiot I was.
I have no clue how they work, they just do. And I can assure u they work better than a red in that dept. not that a red has any trouble really.

Any of you guys have a 40" Trep handy that could measure the bead thickness real quick for me? I have a set at home in the shop, but I'm at work for another 7 hours today. I just picked up a set of used Stazworks wheels and I'm trying to find out if the inserts that came with them will work with the treps.

If my measurements are correct the inserts I have will work with about .750" per side

I've been trying to search but my Google-Fu isn't working too good today.