• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Treps vs SX Sticky

patooyee said:
Are all of those mounted and aired up?

that was several months ago, I recorded all that in one of the other 17 sticky tire threads everyone starts ..but iirc: red was mounted (3-5lbs) , I think the trep was unmounted, and I think the sx was on the racelines (no idea what pressure)

I am pretty sure that was it. Not sure how helpful that info. is.

They came off one of those fancy bouncer thingys.... how much pressure do heroes run anyways??

I just bought them for the racelines ..

Just for reference, new 43stickies 10psi 40.75" tall

f51f93aa39c7c1ff13e5f0deff7c10e2.jpg

Jduck said:
Just for reference, new 43stickies 10psi 40.75" tall

f51f93aa39c7c1ff13e5f0deff7c10e2.jpg

That's more along the lines of what I was expecting to see and what I had measured on my old ones when they were new.

In addition, I have new, unmounted 40" Treps and IIRC they measure closer to 39 - 40".

I didn't want to say anything until I measured but then I saw that. I think the two tires are closer in height than most people would like to think. I was suspect of the numbers that I saw above and the comparison pic isn't really fair with the SX mounted and aired up and the Trep unmounted next to it. I will measure my Treps next week when I go to the shop and report back if someone hasn't first.

The reason I was suspicious is because I have this toolbox with a shelf that I carry on my trailer. I store an unmounted spare standing upright under that shelf. My spare SX had to be squeezed a good bit to fit under the shelf and the new Trep has to be squeezed about the same to fit. If there truly was a 3" difference the Trep should fit with room to spare. Plus, I have always heard that SX's are small and Treps measure fairly true. Interco tires all generally measure a lot smaller than the number on the sidewall. I think aired up my 44 TSL's only measured about 41.5.

I bet real-world the SX is only an inch or so taller than the Trep.

Re:

To bring up an old thread vs starting a new.

Currently have 40" Treps ~50% tread. Got someone wanting to trade for non-sticky 43s. I know i have read the 43 sticky vs non is a difference.

Part of me feels the sticky is worth keeping but the extra height is nice.

Anyone made the jump between these 2?

Beerj said:
Going from everything I've heard, you'll be kicking yourself if you make that trade.

Tonys rig does awesome with 43sx non stickies. I know several more badass rigs.

Having recently made the switch from a non sticky 44 tsl to a 43 sticky, I would say that you won't be happy and it will cost you a bunch of money to get back where you want to be.

Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
To bring up an old thread vs starting a new.

Currently have 40" Treps ~50% tread. Got someone wanting to trade for non-sticky 43s. I know i have read the 43 sticky vs non is a difference.

Part of me feels the sticky is worth keeping but the extra height is nice.

Anyone made the jump between these 2?

I wouldn't.

I owned both at the same time. Didn't even think about running the non-sticky sx.