• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

truck shifting shitty

If you try the killing it before you stop trick just make sure you dont turn the key to the lock position (asuming it has a locking colume) Brakes will be fine but no steering would suck:booo:

Our Runner had the pedal assembly basically "fall apart". It cracked so that pushing the clutch pedal made the assembly warp out of shape instead if depressing fully. It just kind of gradually got worse until I HAD to rip it out and weld it all back together.

Something to look at.

(Yes, somewhere in there is a little hack on Toyatas :flipoff:)

Our Runner had the pedal assembly basically "fall apart". It cracked so that pushing the clutch pedal made the assembly warp out of shape instead if depressing fully. It just kind of gradually got worse until I HAD to rip it out and weld it all back together.

Something to look at.

Good catch, I'd forgotten about that problem.

It's not cranking when you have the pedal to the floor??? :wtf: Does it feel like it's going down as far as you're used to?
The pedal goes down to the floor. It feels the same as usual, but something is way out of adjustment.

Something to look at.

Yeah, good catch Glen. I had a creaking noise from the brackets and took it to Avanteone to look at it. He did something and the noise went away. I bet it has bent some more.... I will look at it today.

Turns out the bracket is broken. Anyone done this one before? How tough of a job is this?

It's hard to drive in town. Gotta shut it off to get it into gear and the next gear is always tough to get into. The clutch grabs in idle when in gear...so I don't want to be at a stoplight in gear with the engine going.

I've found it's much easier if you pull the seat and lay on your back on the floor. Or pull the entire dash out. Getting to stuff up in there is the literal definition of PITA.

Latest posts