• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tube buggy torque converter

Jeremy1

Looking for a converter for my buggy and undecided on what one. I have a full tube buggy 60/14b 4.11 gears. 4.3 Atlas turbo 400 an a 5.3 ls truck engine. Engine is stock.
After talking to a friend about converters he recommended a 3000 stall. He mostly recommend that's cause the stock one would push through the brakes and that was a good rpm for the engine to make some power. My concern for this is that I like to crawl just as much as launching up hills.
Does anyone has a similar rig and any experience with this? I know it's hard to have the best of both but would like it be somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not be a broken record, but make a call to PTC and have them tell you what they suggest. Spend the minimal extra coin with them for a superior converter.
Myself and many, many others have been super satisfied with their products and service.

2800-3200 sounds about right to me BTW.

Hey ma so I had pretty much the same setup in my last build thread on here. same gearing and transfer case with a PTC TH350. It was perfect! I personally like to crawl and the buggy would do that with ease but still had the wheel speed on top end to hill shoot if needed. I will talk to ED at PTC over lunch and get the torque converter number they built for mine. I think you will be extremely pleased with how it performs!

10" nitrous converter I'll pm you the part number. I just spoke with Kenny Ford and explained to him what you wanted.
1223e8ddadeb682d00ee0c001caeae89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Tube buggy torque converter

yeager_0339 said:
10€ nitrous converter I€™ll pm you the part number. I just spoke with Kenny Ford and explained to him what you wanted.
1223e8ddadeb682d00ee0c001caeae89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That be great thank you

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk