• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tube Notching, Grinding, etc

JEEParon

my dad is the manufacturers representive for Fein PowerTools in the NW, and theyve got a new division called Grit that makes the easiest and highest quality tube notchers and belt grinders. We've already have sold some to Trailready, and talking to S&N about them getting some. Take a look at the website and products and let me know what you guys think

http://www.gritbyfein.com/

grit_logo.gif

i0000243.jpg

a0000353.jpg

Interesting design. Looks pretty cool from my absolutely no idea what I'm talking about do to lack of real world experience with such a tool opinion.

Interesting design. Looks pretty cool from my absolutely no idea what I'm talking about do to lack of real world experience with such a tool opinion.

In my opinion its the best style notcher there is. Using sandpaper to notch=No deburring after the notch. I bet that notcher shown with the vacuum and catch can is upwards of 5 grand...but im probably wrong.

In my opinion its the best style notcher there is. Using sandpaper to notch=No deburring after the notch. I bet that notcher shown with the vacuum and catch can is upwards of 5 grand...but im probably wrong.
No, I'm sure you're in the ballpark. It may even be more than that.

Im the dude who uses the one a Trailready everyday. It works great on the slower speed, but the higher speed creates tto much melted buildup that you have to go back and clean off. Also, a 45 degree notch on 2" tube is about its max.

Its still new to us, Mauler and I are still figuring it out. Works great so far.

Brent

It would be my guess that any steep, longer notch on chromoly would make so much heat the steel would harden like crazy, and in turn make it very difficult.

the setup that trailready baught was under 3grand, and that was including the belt grinder machine, pipe notching module, contact roller for tubing size application, and a 10pk of extra belts.

Last edited:

Latest posts