• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Turbo or Supercharger?

and to those who keep complaining about lag. you REALLY need to get into something that wasn't hacked together by a teenager in his Dad's garage.

Well I see your graph.....and well, we all know how true those are (find the worst case and compare it to your best)

Also, typically when I'm out hot rodding around I'm only in your 4000rpm and under range for a whole half second and then it's all high rpm work..... If you are so in love with low end torque you definitely need to add some cylinders. Do you really need to know why a supercharger is harder on a motor??? look at your graph, regardless of ***** footing or not you motor is making more power ALWAYS = harder on the motor. A turbo car can be driven like a normal person around town and your motor will never see more work because you'll never be making boost....that is, until go time.

Two things.....First that graph is fake and second torque is basically useless. Do some research if you want to know why.

No,that graph is a perfect representation of how superchargers are indeed better than turbos. I found this on the internet, so therefore it is true... (If you guys haven't caught on by now, then you should go to a library...)

Please, prove to me that torque is worthless. And if so, then why do you buggy guys have deisels? Surely it's not for the torque that 95% of you were led to believe actually pushes your trucks up hills, etc. Why didn't you get mustangs with 500hp to pull them around? Put some beefy springs in the back and be done. **** Torque!:looser:

Well I see your graph.....and well, we all know how true those are (find the worst case and compare it to your best)

Also, typically when I'm out hot rodding around I'm only in your 4000rpm and under range for a whole half second and then it's all high rpm work..... If you are so in love with low end torque you definitely need to add some cylinders. Do you really need to know why a supercharger is harder on a motor??? look at your graph, regardless of ***** footing or not you motor is making more power ALWAYS = harder on the motor. A turbo car can be driven like a normal person around town and your motor will never see more work because you'll never be making boost....that is, until go time.

I must agree that the supercharger is working more, and yes unless you're into it the turbo is gonna act normal. I just think you guys aren't playing devil's advocate to see my side. I have no problem with the turbo, but I want to really see what you guys think of the charger (obviously not much) by playing devil's advocate.

No,that graph is a perfect representation of how superchargers are indeed better than turbos. I found this on the internet, so therefore it is true... (If you guys haven't caught on by now, then you should go to a library...)

Please, prove to me that torque is worthless. And if so, then why do you buggy guys have deisels? Surely it's not for the torque that 95% of you were led to believe actually pushes your trucks up hills, etc. Why didn't you get mustangs with 500hp to pull them around? Put some beefy springs in the back and be done. **** Torque!:looser:

Cause 500 horse mustang's dont get 20mpg:fawkdancesmiley:

Btw, nowaday's most race mustang's are turbo:kissmyass:

I must agree that the supercharger is working more, and yes unless you're into it the turbo is gonna act normal. I just think you guys aren't playing devil's advocate to see my side. I have no problem with the turbo, but I want to really see what you guys think of the charger (obviously not much) by playing devil's advocate.

What I think is that they are lame and inefficient, when you wanna drive fast, the turbo is faster, when you wanna drive normal the turbo is easier on your motor...... Where's the part where the supercharger is better:haha:

This thread brings the stupid :awesomework:

Couldn't be any better unless Larry gipshit or Gaylord started it :haha: :haha:

Wow, you really do suck the cock:awesomework: Just wanting to see what people thought about the two. No one is defending the charger, so I am, someone has to bring up points for both side. I just thought there might be more people in favor of the supercharger, that's all.

So what are your thoughts? Please enlighten the darkened and dumb... OH wise cock mongol:awesomework:

No,that graph is a perfect representation of how superchargers are indeed better than turbos. I found this on the internet, so therefore it is true... (If you guys haven't caught on by now, then you should go to a library...) :
Did you read the graph and do you understand it? It reads
"250WHP turbo torque" "225WHP supercharged torque"
What exactly does that mean? I would assume WHP stands for wheel horse power. Wheel horse power and torque are two different things so WTF are they talking about? What I see is a graph that makes no sence so they could never get busted for false advertisement.

Torque X RPM/5252=HP.....As you can see torque is nothing more than one of the variables used to calculate HP. HP moves things and torque does not. What use is something that doesn't move? The argument about why a deisel is better is deeper than this discussion. All I can tell you right now is it's not because of torque.

What exactly does that mean? I would assume WHP stands for wheel horse power. Wheel horse power and torque are two different things so WTF are they talking about? What I see is a graph that makes no sence so they could never get busted for false advertisement.

Torque X RPM/5252=HP.....As you can see torque is nothing more than one of the variables used to calculate HP. HP moves things and torque does not. What use is something that doesn't move? The argument about why a deisel is better is deeper than this discussion. All I can tell you right now is it's not because of torque.

Nm......:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

Last edited:

They must not teach graph reading in blackened areas... lol

If one were to look at the side of the graph you could see that a chargered motor, making 225whp the torque is produced greater earlier, compared to a turbo motor that needs 245whp to create the same torque further into the rpm's.... i know the chart makes no sense, so i'll bullshit my way through it with the nomenclature on the side of the picture doo-dad.:awesomework:

For the sake of this discussion the only thing that really matters is how much net HP you will have at given points on the RPM band. You can get to the same point with either a SC or turbo. The big difference is the SC will most likely have more parasitic loss so to make the same net HP the SC will have to make more boost. Now if the turbo car is at maximum boost the SC car could not possibly make the same net HP because over boosting won't make more HP.......
Clear as mud?

But if it has greater torque it takes less effort to turn it with greater results.... example, fine pitch vs coarse pitch bolts

They must not teach graph reading in blackened areas... lol

If one were to look at the side of the graph you could see that a chargered motor, making 225whp the torque is produced greater earlier, compared to a turbo motor that needs 245whp to create the same torque further into the rpm's".... i know the chart makes no sense, so i'll bullshit my way through it with the nomenclature on the side of the picture doo-dad.:awesomework:

HP does not create torque. Keep reading.....

Latest posts