• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Turbo or Supercharger?

Having had 2 turbo cars now i'm somewhat biased. I'm even more impressed with some of the turbo's companies are turning out that are much more efficient in reducing lag. WARNING Boost is CRACK!!! don't let it get ahold of ya. :stirpot:

I am liking the looks (from what i have seen and heard) Of BBM's supercharger for the 2.0L... I like the low end torque it produces, plus the simplicity and reliabilty of it (i feel) is unbeatable next to a turbo, (for me) the time it'll take to tweak a turbo setup to where "I" would like it compared to a supercharger setup are night and day. I plop it on, tune a few things and bam! 200hp 2.slow :awesomework: (plus there ARE a few mods to make it that much.... :corn:

i love the supercharger on my truck still has lots of power with 36s havent had to mutch expierence with turbos driven a few was impressed but lag does suck

turbo.

So please explain to me how tuning a supercharger will require any less tuning.....

Then explain how it will make more power.....

i love the supercharger on my truck still has lots of power with 36s havent had to mutch expierence with turbos driven a few was impressed but lag does suck

have you drag raced your truck against a truck that was not supercharged of the same vintage and size??? If you say you did and won you are a liar, I worked for nissan when those came out and as a lot boy I did more than a few drag's and the super's were slower by a bit:fawkdancesmiley:

it's still 3 times more than you'll ever have:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:
So true...
turbo.

So please explain to me how tuning a supercharger will require any less tuning.....

For me, it isn't that the supercharger makes "more power." I just can't stand the lag, the jolt of power at "X" RPM's (on a slippery, slightly off camber surface....), and I feel it also takes a little more TLC to make the turbo more reliable. That is just my opinion, not exactly fact.
have you drag raced your truck against a truck that was not supercharged of the same vintage and size??? If you say you did and won you are a liar, I worked for nissan when those came out and as a lot boy I did more than a few drag's and the super's were slower by a bit:fawkdancesmiley:

No offense Garrison, but the Nissan supercharged pickups didn't exactly have a ton of power. It had barely more power than non-charged motors of similar size (Tacoma, included).

turbo.

Just saying, less parts, less to go wrong/FAIL. I guess I meant there are more parts to adjust/tune in, to get it right.

Never said it made more power, never claimed to either. But if done correctly the charger for my car can make over 300hp... and 250hp on pump gas...

IMO

turbo=import geek

supercharger=muscle freak
:corn:

Oh but how I loved seeing the look on those freaks when i passed through the traps befor them in my Honda civic. :fawkdancesmiley: 11.01@130mph was my last pass befor selling it. Sorry but superchargers may lack the lag that Turbo's have but they also have a large flaw. The fact that they need displacement to get the charger going. Turbo's... any good hooker can get one spooled up. :haha: