• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

U4 vs bouncers at koh??

Cole, ( or others ) Can you get a normal suv within walking distance of backdoor??

Thinking about flying out to watch the shoot out, and will have to get a rental car out of vegas.

xjpaddler said:
Cole, ( or others ) Can you get a normal suv within walking distance of backdoor??

Thinking about flying out to watch the shoot out, and will have to get a rental car out of vegas.

Yes, back door is only a few hundred yards from the lake bed and easily accessible for a stock 4wd.

there are 20 rental CARS there every year, it is easy as **** to get to
bottom of rocks to just clear of the second ledge. Honestly, prerunning this will be all of it, get your line. Randy and several others have the lines with eyes closed. Matt and I one shotted it at speed too ****ing easy with 19" belly and 113" wb. Not that hard, just pick your line. Bouncers outta eat it up as well if they have stickys and some practice.

All the east coast guys thinks it's some god of climbs but I did one shot it first time I ever saw it. It's not hard just gotta pick your line and commit.

I don't like how they did the entry online not really telling people when it was open. So most of the names I saw were west coast sponsored guys. Hope some bouncers actually got in.

xjpaddler said:

Just for reference I have been to KOH twice with FWD cuv's. One year in a ford edge and the other in a kia sorento. I could make it to chocolate thunder and back door with them. You just have drive smart and know how to disable the traction control and remember speed is your friend in the sand.

The normal cars usually run out ground clearance and sink a bit more so you'll likely have to dodge them on the way out to watch

Man i hope Bobby or one of the other Dirty South boys wins this thing, i'm sick of pirate fawkers talking **** about that hotsprings shootout

Neal3000 said:
Man i hope Bobby or one of the other Dirty South boys wins this thing, i'm sick of pirate fawkers talking **** about that hotsprings shootout

Hate to say it but a properly built u4 has the advantage on 80% of trails. Only thing bouncers have the true advantage is the straight up and nasty huge ledges.

xjpaddler said:

I drove my WRX up to it in 2011.

are they climbing the right side or left side (the side you always see taken). i thought i saw something about the right side for the event?

wizzo said:
are they climbing the right side or left side (the side you always see taken). i thought i saw something about the right side for the event?

I thought i read that too but went back to the pirate thread and couldn't find it.

85toyo said:
Yes, back door is only a few hundred yards from the lake bed and easily accessible for a stock 4wd.

Drove my ol lady's focus all the way to the spectator parking area at back door. Its a nasty sum bitch, that's for sure. Gonna be awesome to watch.

Hopefully the canyon wont be blocked off like it was for the big race last year. That made spectating at back door damn near impossible.

I bet it will be whatever line you want to take at the ledge. Most rock bouncers will destroy the right side and makes for a better line up for the rest of it.