• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

U4 vs bouncers at koh??

halcat said:
I will throw my .02 in. I am a huge fan of any sport that has a motor in it. I have seen many rock bouncer on here for sale for 30 k. Good ones. I don't believe I have ever seen an ultra 4 car for less than 90 k, and those are not the ones you will see in the race this year. Most u4 cars are one off and cost up to 250 k to build. Most rock bouncers are cookie cut with single untuned shocks. Both cars have similar power. We build bouncers that almost anybody with a will can own and wheel one. That being said, how can you compare an ultra 4 car to a bouncer? wouldn't that be like me racing John Force? Let's make the next duel be at Toms AOP bounty hill. I love bouncer, big time, and u4 cars too, but it's not a fair comparison . I think a lot of bouncers are tuning there suspension and you'll see more and more going faster and faster. See you all at backdoor monday night!

You're getting a bit extreme. There are only a few $250K rigs in that field. I bet less than 10. Most cars out there are more in the $75 - $150 range new. You can't compare the cheapest bouncer to the most expensive U4 car and call it a valid comparison. There are plenty of bouncers out there in the $50 - $100 range too. You won't see so many budget-built U4 cars. If you do, they would be more like EMC cars (the ones that run the day before the main KOH event).

You can build either type with cheap or expensive, new or used parts. There are always ways to cut corner and save, or go big and spend.

crawlin85cj said:
Again I ask...what do you think these tires are running for pressure on race day?

Proper KOH pressure should be 15-25 or so, depending on the tire. Proper bouncer (TSL, Bogger, etc.) pressure 8-12. I would GUESS at 8-12 to resist rim damage because I never had to put either set of my TSLs over 6 PSI..... ever. But I didn't do anything but crawling and dunes with them either. Based on what I see, I bet some of them are in the 15-20 PSI range, which I know makes those tires rock hard, and change shape never. That would certainly prevent ever damaging a rim. And to clarify, I'm not saying all the rigs, I'm saying some run too much pressure.

It's amazing how much of a difference just a few PSI in tire pressure makes in ride and handling.

There is a saying "bet with you head, not your heart"... I would much rather see Tanner, L.C. or a guy from the east win this event. My heart is in the east. But if I had to put money on the event I would bet someone that has more suspension tuning and is more familiar with the area. Randy Slawson maybe???

cool im gonna be out there watching, glad to see a local making the event....anyone have a pic of his rig so I can watch out for him

Re: Re: Re: U4 vs bouncers at koh??

nissanheathen said:
cool im gonna be out there watching, glad to see a local making the event....anyone have a pic of his rig so I can watch out for him
you tube most of the names and you will see their rigs. Unless it is someone that just built a brand new one

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: U4 vs bouncers at koh??

tyldyl12 said:
There's no telling what all might come up with this search!!
well the first 2 that pulled up when I did it was the videos they ask for