• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate Adventure Style Ride - Any Interest?

Re: Re: Ultimate Adventure Style Ride - Any Interest?

cushmaneaglerider said:
I'm ready just let me know when. If your worried about your rig not holding up, bring a spare.
It's not being worried as much as bad luck, but we wheel hard. Most of my group has had a rough time at Golden mountain & windrock. Stuff like broken kingpins/knuckles, busted fuel cells, cracked transmissions. We have fixed/patched them all but kingpin to get through the weekend, but if it happened 1st day of the week, idk. You would likely pull more cable if u needed to last though vs beating it early on.

If you make it happen in ten years John I'll be retired to and can go. Plus by than I should have all the bugs worked out on my buggy. But wait, in ten years I'll probably be riding in an ambulance, and there not so good off road. Just kidding. Sounds like you already have enough rigs.

John there is a small group that does this already. Normally start at superlift, heas to clayton for a couple days, then another park on the way back to superlift for the bronco run. You could easily add a couple other parks in the list.

Re:

TBItoy said:
Hell I dont like wheelin enough to do it for a week straight, much less driving between parks every other day.

I guess I don't see the reward in taking on such an endeavor, vs just visiting all those parks for a weekend each

That is exactly me. My ADHD wouldn't allow me to concentrate on the same task 10 or 11 days in a row. Hell, it's tough for me to do a whole weekend. I can usually go one Saturday, get my fix, catch up on **** around the house Sunday, resume work week and I'm good to go.

Okay, looks like enough interest to look into it more. This would be a hand picked group of like rigs. Otherwise it would not be as fun for the group. Just off the top of my head, nothing set in stone.

8-10 rigs max.
38"+ Tires.
Working winch required.
Enough fuel (gas or propane) for a 8 hour day without refueling, carry enough on buggy and trailer for 4 days riding.
Reliable rig.
Mind set to route or winch as to not break.
Willing to be on time and work a schedule.
No alcohol on trails, save for camp.
Ability to turn your own wrenches and trail repair, or a passenger that can.
Street legality will not be a requirement as public roads will not be used.
CB radio or walkie talkie required.

If one breaks and cannot be fixed, we get it out to trailer, and you are out, unless you can repair and catch back up at another park.

Schedule the last park as a Hardline Forum ride as a welcome home and allow everyone to participate.

Have ride from Saturday of one week to Sunday of the next, so a one week vacation can be used.

Use two trail guides at each park and have the day(s) routes preplanned as to not backtrack and cover the most the parks have to offer. One guide as a leader, and one to stay and assist a broken rig to allow the group to continue.

Timing would be good weather, perhaps September 2016 or April 2017. See no reason to battle the heat or cold on a ride planned this far in advance.

I can do a weeks vacation since I keep days saved up. Usually do a bike trip during that time so why not do a buggy trip instead.

While I was reading your requirements I was already planning on what needed to be taken and done. 1st on the list was back seat removed for extra tools and parts.

Hey now, my old turd just has 37" tires, but can hang with yall big boys. All I need is a little push every once in awhile. :flipoff1:

We have discussed this many times. Starting in PA or Ohio and working are way south. It would be a blast as long as everyone has a good attitude.