• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Unofficial DNR/Reiter Rocky Buggy

And I have officially stopped asking for suggestion's and opinions.:;

I continue asking for donations.:awesomework:

See above from Pat. My feelings exactly. Not only have I moved them, I fix it after they destroy it. Everyday, but wait, that is what my business does. As he said, I'll crawl back in my hole now.

Good luck with that.

I'm an operator too, I have moved my share of logs too, but I'm also a wheeler. Money Mark is, as you know, also a wheeler. He knows the limitations of his buggy. It doesn't take an operator to drag logs around. It just takes a little common sense. I'm pretty sure that he's not planning on leasing his buggy to a logging company to replace their skidder.

He knows that he will be putting some stress on his rig. Every time any real wheeler goes wheelin' he is putting stress on his vehicle, and pushing the envelope of its design. Thats half the fun.

Last edited:
This thread is about bring people together for one common goal. And show the rest of the world the 4x4 guys care, donate their time, parts and money and work together to achieve this goal.

The technical misunderstandings are leading this thread off track into the web wheeling world. I'm welcoming you all to the real wheeling world.

[QUOTE=Reise

I'm an operator too, I have moved my share of logs too, but I'm also a wheeler. Money Mark is, as you know, also a wheeler. He knows the limitations of his buggy. It doesn't take an operator to drag logs around. It just takes a little common sense. I'm pretty sure that he's not planning on leasing his buggy to a logging company to replace their skidder.

He knows that he will be putting some stress on his rig. Every time any real wheeler goes wheelin' he is putting stress on his vehicle, and pushing the envelope of its design. Thats half the fun.

Yes, yes and yes.:awesomework:

And I have officially stopped asking for suggestion's and opinions.:;

I continue asking for donations.:awesomework:

I will be looking fwd to seeing how this is going to work on the next work party, hopefully it works well and simple. I want the equipment to do all the work, not my back.

Money let me know if I can help from the south end.

Here's one way to think about all this commotion I've caused........if nothing else, we might get 50 folks to come out to the next work party, work hard for Reiter and watch this devise fail miserably. It would still be a success.:awesomework:

I know you're not looking for any more ideas, but this one looks totally doable, i've got everything needed to build it already, it's even adjustable.:kissmybutt:

Picture_051.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/poorboy3/Picture_051.jpg

and money incase you needed to do any landscaping

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVVF40k_dPM&feature=player_embedded#at=23[/YT]

My vision will set you straight.:;

Gotta get just a few more things in line.

So far I have received tremendous support......keep it coming guys, please.

I'm assuming there is no timber value, just firewood?

And why not leave them there to rot? Rotting logs are good for the environment and provide some the richest habitat for critters.

Pat you need to go and read all of the thread and the other REITER Restoation Threads. Stress "Restoration" in your reading.

No one is looking for Fire Wood and No one is looking to remove any logs!!

The logs will be relocated to bare areas and then left to "Rot" and create soil over time in those areas. Until they rot they will also act as bearers to travel in the area.

Thank you Ted.

Some folks posts strayed off into the logging industry technique's and what they did in there back yard. Well......

The DNR does it even a different way. We're on DNR land (most of the time), so I'm learning how to do all this stuff the DNR way.

That is as clear as I can make it.

Last edited:
Thank you Ted.

Some folks posts strayed off into the logging industry technique's and what they did in there back yard. Well......

The DNR does it even a different way. We're on DNR land (most of the time), so I'm learning how to do all this stuff the DNR way.

That is as clear as I can make it.

good explanation money.

Some people need to go on more trail repair / restoration / clean up days.

Its not often you need to tow BIG trees. I've drug a few big uns up at elbe, and that is actually a rare occation. Mostly smaller stuff that could quite easily be moved by money's rig.

as for the big stuff goes.. I would only be worried about your weight.. Not enough of it in your buggy..

good luck this!

as for the big stuff goes.. I would only be worried about your weight.. Not enough of it in your buggy.

My job will be running around with two guys, like chicken with our heads cut-off, ahead of the main ground crew. Moving logs and getting everything ready for final placement by the ground crew.

The BIG STUFF would be taken care of the 'ol fashioned way.......an 8274 Warn and 4 guys. In reality, there is very little BIG STUFF to move.......till the rocks come.:cheer: