• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

updates on the Z

The guy I got them from said they have the most recent updates. Is there a way to tell? I will probably run about 6"- 7" or so of up travel.

guess I should update this.....
I broke a 35 spline chromolly stub shaft on our trip to the Gulches last month, very surprised that the spicer ujoint held up. while taking apart the ujoint, I noticed that the caps were still tight in the ears...very happy that they are in such good shape for how old the shafts are. they have been in since 07
IMG_20110317_163111.jpg

here is about the best shot I have with the tires and ORIs from the trip.
dd4eaaea.jpg

I am very pleased with how well the tires worked, seemed to hook good and cleaned out the mud pretty decent. I think next time I will run them at a little lower pressure, seemed like 10PSI was still a little stiff. The ORIs worked as good as I thought they would and I am sure they will get better with some tuning. The only issue I have is how I mounted them. I guess they were a little too close to the tire, while extracting myself from Papa Gulch, the rear tires got into them a little and rubbed the powder coat off a couple spots. I am probably going to have to move either the upper or lower mount in a little or maybe the tuning will keep me from getting into them. The truck was really twisted up and was getting pulled up hill by a winch, so the situation is not one that I hope to be in very often.....so we will see.

I still need to rebuild the doubler and get a rear driveshaft. I am also looking at replacing the Avalanche, with the price of gas going up the 10mpg is getting old fast....but that is on hold till after the 7th of April, when we find out about this budget BS that is going on. If Congress doesnt pass a budget, Federal employees could get some non-paid vacation for up to 30 days (from what we hear). So, lets hope they come up with something, they are on their last extension.

couple of vids....
brian on 3d at save the gulches

brian on tnt at save the gulches

Brian

Glad your liking the pitbulls. There not really even broken in yet either. They seem to work very well at 6 to 7 psi. Its looking good man

next time I am out, I will be trying a lower pressure. I was just concerned with popping the inner bead after reading on pirate about some guys have issues....turns out it was the beadlocks they are using.

I noticed the Yukon sticker on the hood, was the one you broke a Yukon?
What you going back in with?
I understand none of them will last forever under hard use, just wondered if you are happy with the yukons?

yes, it was a Yukon and I am replacing it with a Yukon..mainly because they are sending me a warranty replacement. I think I got my Yukons before they started having the breaking issues...I hope anyway! I will continue to run them until I can can afford to get some others.