• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

updates on the Z

I thought about doing that, but decided not to. I am planning on trying to fit the bedsides on there at some point after the SETTC....just dont have the time for it right now.

Brian

well finally got to drive it........It did happen, but it happened late. seemed like everything I ran into today, something went wrong....go figure. first off, damn thing wouldnt crank-starter relay wasnt getting constant 12v, easy fix since I forgot to hook that wire back up to the alt. next was the fuel lines, plumbed backwards...gayness, fuel everywhere...easy fix though. efan kept blowing fuses, after going through a package of fuses and re-wiring the switch, figured out the switch was bad.....of course I had to make a parts run and to get to the switch, I had to take the damn dash apart... bolts I got to replace the link/spring bolts, too long, had to cut them down to fit right. tried to put my spare in the back, wouldnt fit....too much air in it....lol thats how tight of a fit it is. trans is leaking a little bit, I think its coming from around the harness on the Pass. side. and I was worked by myself for a couple of hours and didnt start as early as I should have....oh well needless to say, this biotch has been fighting me all day today and yesterday.

it will be coming home tomorrow, then on to my buddies place to get the front gears installed.

LOW LOW is BADASS BTW!!

whats left:
winch rope
patch up big hole in the floor where the shifters come through, mount boots
231 shifter....FAWK...forgot to measure for that
install 60 gears and inner seals

CHECK EVERY BOLT...again!! lol

will start working on cleaning it up this weekend/week getting it ready for SETTC....gotta represent!

I should have some vids tomorrow

Brian

I actually brought the rig home this evening. drove it around my buddies neighborhood, then hit the highway. I was quite surprised with how well it drove on the road. I think the new shocks and sway bar really help it. the 5.13s are nice as well, definately HUGE difference from the 4.10s
the gearing from the doubler is awesome, cant wait to try it out on the trails! prolly get around to a few things this weekend, but mostly hangin with the wife since she will be gone all next week....

need to get the 231 shifter made up, gears installed up front, figure out trans leak (pan I think), cover up huge hole in the floor where the shifters come through (removable panel)....drive it around, get a feel for it again and do some fine tuning on the suspension.

you know it....only thing I have planned is a new exhaust, tube doors, and some cosmetic stuff (new style grille, headlights) paint.....nothing to keep me from wheelingl

alright, coming down to the wire....
tomorrow: take wife to airport, install gears, install new seals, order 231 shifter

this week, changes oil/trans fluid, get trailer
not sure if I will get around to making a removable panel to cover the shifters yet....might have to rig something up. lol
DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

been a while since i have updated this thread, the last year has been a pretty good year of wheeling and I have put the beat down on my rig and it has held up great....other than a few little issues, busted lockout and breaking the 4 bolts that hold the steering arms on to the knuckle....on both sides. looking forward to this year!

made some good progress today, just need to mount up the ram and tighten some nuts/bolts, center the axle and add some nitrogen. then test and tune!
026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

also got some new knuckles installed, along with some 3/4 ton chevy calipers/rotors since the Ford caliper mounts suck!
DSC_0751-1.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

Brian

looking good... do you know anywhere between columbus and wherever you are that we could do some tuning???