• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Uploading to Youtube ???

sledneck

OK let me start by saying that I am not the most computer savvy in the world. I don't have any kids or kids around to help me figure this out either lol. I'm trying to get some video to a potential buyer of my Jeep the files seem to big to email so I figured I would just put them on youtube WRONG..... a 1min 40 sec video says its over 1 hour to upload. WTF am I doing wrong and how do I resize this stuff? If it matter the videos came off a phone. Thanks

How long the video takes to upload is a function of your ISP's broadband upload speeds. That's not going to change regardless of Youtube vs wetransfer.

You can compress the video files before sending to make them smaller using video compression software. (I don't know what is the best / free.) Another option is to copy them to another computer that has faster internet. Or copy them to a CD and ship it to the potential buyer.

Generally 4G cell services have the fastest upload speeds available with higher-end land-based cable ISP plans being the next best option. If you have some sort of economy ISP or cell service that you're trying to use the upload speeds will be very slow.

I generally try to upload to Youtube using my cell's 4G. It is blazingly fast, almost as fast as cable download speeds. I can send a movie in 5 minutes on my cell's 4G that would take 30 minutes using Mediacom. Even if the videos are on my PC I will tether my cell phone to the PC to use Verizon's 4G instead of Mediacom.

Patooyee guess you missed the part about NOT computer savvy lol. You may as well be speaking German. I tried putting the videos into a compressed folder on the computer but youtube wouldn't recognize the file. Guessing here... I think the video is MP4 from the phone and windows movie maker must not use this format.