• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

*** URGENT: I need to borrow a trailer! ***

American

Forever Newb
TOMORROW, I need to move a newly acquired 1999 Dodge 2500 w/ Cummins from Cullman, AL to Madison, AL. I planned to use a U-haul trailer, but it won't fit. U-haul trailer is 2" too short.

Please call or text me if you can help me out. I just need the trailer, not the tow rig. I'll pay $$

Post this on Rocket City Rock Crawlers board. :dblthumb:

I'd let you borrow mine, but somebody beat you to it.

Would a tow dolly work if you pulled the rear drive shaft and went slow? :dunno:

Dang guys, I didn't really expect this many good people to reply.

A dolly would work as long as it was wide enough. The U-haul ones are 72" wide, and the truck is about 80" outside of tire to outside of tire. The best wrecker quote I've gotten is $180.

I really appreciate the offers guys. Ya'll are the kind of people who make this sport so great. I think it would be more cost effective to have a wrecker take it for $3/mile than to drive 3.5 hours to get a trailer, and another 3.5 hours back. But again, I REALLLY appreciate your offers. If we ever meet each other on the trail, I'd love to have a beer with ya around the camp fire; and help you fix whatever you break that day. :woot:

angryfab said:
mine is loned out i live in arad sorry how much u pay i do have a goosneck
Paid about 2.5k. Engine and trans are freshly rebuilt, and trans has a "stage 4" Pure Diesel rebuild kit. The guy handed over $7100 worth of receipts from Pure Diesel, not including labor. Work was done in November, and truck was wrecked in January.

The guy did two tours; Iraq and Afghanistan. During his last tour, he stepped on an IED and was in a short coma. He got PTSD and was discharged from the Army. Now he can't find work, and he has a wife and kid. So needless to say he needed the money really bad. I would have gotten it for less, but I got into a bit of a bidding war with somebody else. He ended up selling to me basically because he liked my father and I. My dad is former military and they really related. I'm just a brat :flipoff1:

blzrgb said:
Proud you got a sweet deal. The mis fortunes of that guy is nothing to be proud of. Take your good deal and shut the **** up about his bad deal.
Don't know bout these other red necks on here, but this red neck ain't happy to read about it. Of course he needed the money really bad. I don't see a happy point about it though. :flipgotcha:

As a matter of fact .... Kiss my ass............. up in the crack.

I've never been rude on this board, and I didn't plan on it today but you just changed my mind. The fella was just telling us that this guy has a raw deal going on. There are lots of folks on this board with small businesses like myself who might be hiring. He was just trying to get the word out in my opinion. I've done a couple tours in Iraq myself man, and I didn't take any offense to his story??? If your trying to "look cool" by throwing your biased attitude around, you may want to try a different approach.

That is all

Colt

blzrgb said:
Proud you got a sweet deal. The mis fortunes of that guy is nothing to be proud of. Take your good deal and shut the **** up about his bad deal.
Don't know bout these other red necks on here, but this red neck ain't happy to read about it. Of course he needed the money really bad. I don't see a happy point about it though. :flipgotcha:

As a matter of fact .... Kiss my ass............. up in the crack.
:ban: :ban: :ban: this fawktard

Re: Re: *** URGENT: I need to borrow a trailer! ***

I wouldn't give $2500 for a wrecked 99 dodge with an auto trans anyway :****:

Pretty sure American got ripped on this deal :flipoff1:

i too didnt see anything wrong with with what american posted, seems to me that somebody took a **** in blzrgb's cheerios :gtfo:

Wow ! Let's all celebrate an injured, unemployed soldiers misfortunes. ........ There's nothing good about that.
If you had a loved one in the same predicament, you'd prbly be able to understand where I'm coming from.
To be shipped off to war,become injured, sent home with mental and physical medical complications. Only to find yourself
Broke, unemployable and selling off all belongings to the people who want it for scrap prices. It's a very sad situation. And then there is the kids.
They don't understand why. And that makes it even sadder.

I'll tone down my opinion about this in order to"not offend" the hard hearted people on here.
If you want to congratulate the guy above, then by all means have at it.

JohnG said:
Blzrgb, I read it the same way you did.

I kinda did too! Sounded like he first time I read it that American was bragging bout pretty much stealing the truck from this guy, and "could have gotten it cheaper" sounded bad IMO! If it were me I would have been more than happy to pat a little extra for the pickup just to help a wounded Soldier out!

But that's my .02 and that ain't worth a whole lot! :****:

I'm glad someone understands my angle.

Its tough watching a loved one in this very predicament sell off his wrenches and sockets
In order to be able to afford something as simple as school supplies.

Not every soldier returned with ease. For some that war is only beginning.
Pick something you worked hard for, and sell it cheap out of nessesity. That's hard to swallow.