• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wa rules and laws

Orangecrush87

anyone happen to know what the laws are in washington state on dove nosed front and rear rigs? All the cops around town admitted to not know anything about it really but all pretty much said theyd find something to pull me over for. Just curious if i should even do it and just carry some kind of printed out document that says i can do it or if its just totally illegal

Last edited:
thank you very much crazy, seems like it would be a bad idea to sneak it through town a front bumper still as wide as my tire widths would just pretty much defeat teh whole look of it. thanks again!

I thought it was as wide as the frame, i.e connecting each frame side.

but those links above will tell you.

Just cause its got "wide" bumper on the street, doesn't mean it has to for the trail. Just like you don't wheel with your mud-flaps one :redneck: BUT, imo if your trail rig is evolving to the point of doing dove-tails, you need to look at getting a DD and maybe a trailer and towrig. I'm sure if you went through the rig with the RCW's in one hand and and fine tooth comb on the other hand they are going to find a whole list of things. The nuts and bolts of the RCW's is anything from stock is a violation. IMHO.

yeah looks like its about bank loan time so i can get rid of my 2 wheel drive yotah for the dd and get a diesel of some kind to drag it around lol thx for all the help guys