• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker valley for a kid

Dusten

Curious if there any areas a novice on a 50cc dirt bike can ride up there? Figured it might be fun to take my 7 year old up his new bike.

There's a couple easy trails down by the main parking lot (Jam Trail is one, can't think of the other off hand....I'm sure there are more, butI don't know where they all are!), other wise there's lots of loggin' road to tool around on...

Just keep close to him/keep an eye out (pretty busy up there on Sunday---especially if it's nice out---.....

I would advise NOT to take a new rider on a 50cc bike to Walker. I have seen way too many people flying down the logging roads. I wouldn't consider "Jam" as a good beginner trail as it leads directly to and from the parking lot so most people "JAM" up it fast to get away from the lower area. I would suggest Tahuya as the only "Beginner" and "Kid" friendly ORV area.

I will however PM you about a local area that IS kid/beginner friendly as long as it hasn't been invaded by too many displaced Reiter peeps.:awesomework:

I take my nieces and nephews up to walker and play in the lower rock pit all the time. It is very beginner friendly just keep them away from the edge. Bikes don't usually traverse through the area and the wheelers travel fairly slow through it. Take them up the road through the gate and around and you should be fine.

I would advise NOT to take a new rider on a 50cc bike to Walker. I have seen way too many people flying down the logging roads. I wouldn't consider "Jam" as a good beginner trail as it leads directly to and from the parking lot so most people "JAM" up it fast to get away from the lower area. I would suggest Tahuya as the only "Beginner" and "Kid" friendly ORV area.

I will however PM you about a local area that IS kid/beginner friendly as long as it hasn't been invaded by too many displaced Reiter peeps.:awesomework:
In case you're not aware, the whole idea of the Jam Trail being built was for beginners to learn to trail ride...not for azzzhaulers to fly thru to 'get away from the lower area' as you put it....please pass the word along to fellow riders!!!!:awesomework:

Jam was empty the whole time my kid was on it, so it was good for him to ride on. The rest of the time, i let him ride the forest service roads and just followed him with my superduty.

In case you're not aware, the whole idea of the Jam Trail being built was for beginners to learn to trail ride...not for azzzhaulers to fly thru to 'get away from the lower area' as you put it....please pass the word along to fellow riders!!!!:awesomework:

I have never heard that from anyone. Who said that was the idea behind it? DNR? Why
don't they sign it as such? Just curious as to how people are supossed to know

I'm glad he had fun up there..

I have never heard that from anyone. Who said that was the idea behind it? DNR? Why
don't they sign it as such? Just curious as to how people are supossed to know

I'm glad he had fun up there..

Yup, I asked Jim C about it awhile back...used to be labeled as a beginner trail (on old maps), until the labeling of trails went away due to the liability aspects...which doesn't make sense to me; I'd much rather see all trails labeled----How is one to know that PAT's Trail is NOT one to start their kid out on!!!:yikes: