• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley "Skill Area" Work Party June 14th

BodyDamage

The Rainier Ridge Rams were contacted by Jim Cahill from DNR and scheduled a work party on June 14th, 08 at Walker Valley which will be focused on the new "Skill Area." As far as I know they have started bringing rock in and done some escavator work. The trail that circles the "Skill Area" has also been started.
We will meet at 9:00 in the main parking lot. As far as the work to be done, this is somewhat uncharted territory so we will just have to see what DNR wants us to do on Saturday. I would say probably hualing more crushed rock, escavator work, and working on some of the chutes inside the boundaries of the area.
You have a rig that will make trail? :eeek: Bring it on. Let's see what we can do.
Don't forget to fill out the DNR volunteer hour sheets! Hours go toward the federal grant they recieved for building this "Skill Area."
See you there! :;

I'll likely be there in the afternoon w/ quad & trailer, as I have to work that Sat...

I know most would volunteer this but.....I'll help "make lines" through the hard stuff. :awesomework: And not to toot my own horn, but I can make lines where most others would not be able to. And I guess I can help with moving material as well, but that's really not my for-tay. :redneck:

I know most would volunteer this but.....I'll help "make lines" through the hard stuff. :awesomework: And not to toot my own horn, but I can make lines where most others would not be able to. And I guess I can help with moving material as well, but that's really not my for-tay. :redneck:

Toot Toot goes the little train that could :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

Hey ToyBug, when they started making trails a few weeks ago Both Rhonda and I were there with our Rubi's and ended up getting stuck in the soft dirt with lots of water and we were going through AFTER the escavators, there is a reason why there bringing rock in. The DNR is making the lines where they want them along with a Engineer.

Rhonda and I should be able to make it and I can bring our 4 wheel wagon style trailer with 20" high sides on.

That would be cool :awesomework:

And this is exactly what a skill building area needs- a full spectrum of challenges so there is room to learn at any skill level.
I have a somewhat built rig and some driving experience but I think it would be cool if there was lines I couldn't do. Lines to watch and look at and say "one day..." And then go have fun driving on the stuff I can do.
You already have to go through trail to get to this area so it wouldn't make sense for the 'easy' stuff to be any easier.

Or mabey I am completely off target about the purpose of the "skill building" area?

I dunno, when I talked to Jim Cahill it sounded like DNR wanted input from the users about to build and where, within certain parameters. DNRs main concern is just to keep whatever is made environmentally kind, and I am assuming to still maximize timber revenues.

So that we're all on the same page. A line is not a trail. And an area is not a trail. Pat and I walked the trail through the rocky play area......it looks good and definitely needs rock material to avoid a muddy/rutty mess on the trail. And off that trail (I'm assuming) there would be lines / obstacles to chose from.......am I correct? Am I missing something? I would HOPE that all those cool lines I saw would not be limited to a chosen few.

:eeek:

Last edited:
So that we're all on the same page. A line is not a trail. And an area is not a trail. Pat and I walked the trail through the rocky play area......it looks good and definitely needs rock material to avoid a muddy/rutty mess on the trail. And off that trail (I'm assuming) there would be lines / obstacles to chose from.......am I correct? Am I missing something? I would HOPE that all those cool lines I saw would not be limited to a chosen few.

You've pretty much nailed it---the trail surrounding the 'skill building area' will most likely be the easiest, with shutes off of that being the more difficult 'lines', (likely will have at least one moderate line the less equipped rigs can still try); Toybug, It'd be great to see you up there. And Pat, you're on target---most will agree with what you stated, but of course we need to inform the powers that be of this, which is why everyone is encouraged to help, and provide input... I'm gonna be there in the afternoon----maybe even with the Sami instaed of the quad (got the radiator in tonight!!!:cheer: --we'll see as the day draws closer.....lookin forward to checkin out the area as it developes...See ya'll there!!!!:D

Wow,

We walked through the skill building area yesterday and i was sinking 2-4" in the mud in some areas. No wonder why Rhonda and I had mud stuck problems there.

i live 6miles from walker and would like to be invovled with this.
i havent been up there in awhile, but just got my rig back together(new rear suspension and full exo cage. so i can come and help. where is this skill building area located?

i live 6miles from walker and would like to be invovled with this.
i havent been up there in awhile, but just got my rig back together(new rear suspension and full exo cage. so i can come and help. where is this skill building area located?

Would be great to have ya up helpin out!!! Just meet at the parking lot at 9:00 AM Sat; I won't be there til the afternoon, but there will be plenty of others there to meet ya.....The 'area' is at the top of Upper Mainline....

Welp i wont be up there in my rig. Stupid starter took a dump again, hopefully the rebuilder will warranty that SOB but i probably wont have it back till next week

So the heep is stuck in the backyard where i pushed it off the trailer lol