• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wanted, someone to test new axles.........

I'm running an ARB'd Rubicon 44 in my TJ. Rollin on 37's, 4:1 in the tcase, 4.88's in the punkins. It'll soon be sitting at 104" wheelbase.

PA120045.jpg

9-15-200811-19-52PM.jpg

Just my opinion I like this one! Are you a member on Pirate also?

Yep I could but I really don't want Uni-Bearings. It would be nice if there was a way for them to make them work on the non-uni-bearing D44's, just a wish! Like I wish I could win the Lotto. :redneck:

Yep I'll keep my hubs vs. the uni-bearing.. They can keep that...:cool:

I think I signed up on Pirate along time ago, but I've never posted there. Graeme( the guy who did my cage) put some pics of my rig up when he finished the tube work though. Thanks for the vote:D

Still looking for a very capable rubicon equipped dana 44 with big tires that gets abused quite a bit..........no daily drivers like the street jeep pictured above.

A buggy or heavily modified boddied (trailed only) rig would be the best candidates.

A rig that was running a 37" sticky tire would be good too.

My .02

I'd like to try them. Hell, I'd even pay full retail for a set if you promise to replace them if I break um'

Last edited:
Oh, and Bobby......my old Samurai truggy ran steering D44 uni-bearing axles front and rear.

What could have been.....:redneck:

I like my D60 Birfs just fine though.:awesomework:

<-- belongs to 2 4x4 clubs and goes wheelin everyweekend.

Bobby, If you want to just look at a JK D44 front let me know i can bring RubyDoo down to your shop during the week.

Last edited:
<-- belongs to 2 4x4 clubs and goes wheelin everyweekend.

Bobby, If you want to just look at a JK D44 front let me know i can bring RubyDoo down to your shop during the week.

My vote would be for Kat to get these! :awesomework: :cheer: :awesomework: :cheer: Go get 'em Tiger!:kiss: :cheer:

LOL I would throw my hat in the ring, but even out wheeling with you guys in my toyota, I was not breaking things that should have broke bad...:haha:
To bad we dont have TT to pull around anymore though.....:booo:
Heck even the joints in my green ramcharger held up to the 4d2s ok, I must be easy on junk....:redneck:
Good to see you always trying to make things better:awesomework:

The Jk wms to wms is 65" and the tj is 61" so the axle shafts are longer. Bobbys axles are intended for a tj application. The jk's dana 44 is an all around stronger 44 than the tj's 44. The bolt pattern is also different to the tj. The tj is 5 on 4 1/2 and the jk is 5 on 5. That doenst have anything to do with the difference on not being able to use bobbys axles though. The jk dana 44 also has a 32 inner axle spline count vs the tj dana 44 has a 30 spline count. Bottom line is it wont work as I said before.

Last edited:
Mumblewood for the win!!

Kat woulda been my first vote. She beats the crap out of her JK. Bobby should make em for JK's...I think they would sell.

Mumblewood for the win!!

Kat woulda been my first vote. She beats the crap out of her JK. Bobby should make em for JK's...I think they would sell.

He will someday. Gonna see how the tj works out first i guess.

The Jk wms to wms is 65" and the tj is 61" so the axle shafts are longer. Bobbys axles are intended for a tj application. The jk's dana 44 is an all around stronger 44 than the tj's 44. The bolt pattern is also different to the tj. The tj is 5 on 4 1/2 and the jk is 5 on 5. That doenst have anything to do with the difference on not being able to use bobbys axles though. The jk dana 44 also has a 32 inner axle spline count vs the tj dana 44 has a 30 spline count. Bottom line is it wont work as I said before.

Dang it Brian, just what are you trying to say, just spit it out, it will be ok....:fawkdancesmiley:

:haha: :haha: