• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

warm up time

My old IDI turbo wouldn't ever warm up in the winter. Damn heater wouldn't get hot unless I drove for an hour at high rpm's.

Was way better when I started plugging it in. Hopefully the Dodge is better.

when it gets real cold a chunk of cardbord between the intercooler and rad is a quick save if ya aint got a cold front.

but yha, thank god it aint a ford... gota love trying to start a cold hui with virtualy no oil presure... lol... glow plugs are for *****'s

My Ford starts just fine on cold mornings. :fawkdancesmiley:

I plugged mine in last night before I went to bed, only to defrost the windows quicker in the morning. :redneck:

0 oil presure in a hui injector = no injection stoke..... plane and simple.

ill go out on a limb and guess that ive probably built more hui injectors than every one else on the board combined....

im not saying they wont fire once they finaly receve enough presure... im just stateing when it gets COLD fords tend to require ALOT more help starting than a dodge or even a chev... dam glow plugs, oil heaters, block heaters, fuel heaters, blankets, cold fronts, and on and on...

last winter, my truck hadnt been started in 3 days, -12f out, dug the snow out around the door, reached in with one hand and bumped it, fired in prob 1-2 revs... rattled a bit, came up to 1200rpm, then droped to a 3cyl idle to provide more load all by its self.. no block heat, no glow plug, not even a normal grid heater..