• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

warn d44 shafts

Chevyjoe

im wondering what you all think about the warn dana 44 front shafts? do they last or not worth the investment? also, if they came out of a high pinion ford 44, will they work in an 8 lug chevy 44? thanks for any input :awesomework:

im wondering what you all think about the warn dana 44 front shafts? do they last or not worth the investment? also, if they came out of a high pinion ford 44, will they work in an 8 lug chevy 44? thanks for any input :awesomework:

I beat the everlivinfawk out of my Warn D44 shafts. I've finally broke one inner, and Warn warranteed it. However Warn is no longer making or retailing these shafts. I believe they sold out to Randy's, but am not 100% sure.

If you want to sell some shafts and they're affordable, lemme know.

My application is 401V8, TH400, Atlas, D44 front with CTMs, running 37 Krawlers at 2-8 psi. My pig weight at least 4k, probably 4500.

well theres a guy on here that has some for sale with ctms except he was runnin them in a ford hi pinion d44 while im runnin a 8 lug chevy low pinion 44. i highly doubt id break them as im only planninon runnin 37s with a 22re and possible dual cases. if not just 5.38 gears.

Um, yea whell warn axles aren't anymore, new name Yukon, or was that old oh well. Randy bought out warn axle division. Older warn shafts are a coin toss as to if the are good or not just like yukon's, you never know what batch they are or if they try something new.

That being said, I run yukons:redneck:

If I could I would run Bobby's CV's

if i had the money i would by superiors. ive also heard alloy usa (like kat said) makes a real good d44 shaft. but when you find a set of warn shafts (that ive heard are pretty damn good, but OLD STYLE) with ctms for $300 OBO, thats a hard affe to pass up for a broke kid like me.

if i had the money i would by superiors. ive also heard alloy usa (like kat said) makes a real good d44 shaft. but when you find a set of warn shafts (that ive heard are pretty damn good, but OLD STYLE) with ctms for $300 OBO, thats a hard affe to pass up for a broke kid like me.

Yeah but sorry to break it to you, but your hosed and swapping in ford inners into a chevy housing. . . . Between Ford and Chevy both inners and outers and a bit different in size.

Personally I would just suggest getting spare stockers and just carry those with you untill you can afford the alloy's or the superiors:awesomework:

I got a complete set of stock shafts if your interested??

haha thanks angelfly. its no biggie. if they woulda worked it that woulda been cool, but if not, no big deal. as of right now i have a set of spare shafts but thanks for the offer.

Um, yea whell warn axles aren't anymore, new name Yukon, or was that old oh well. Randy bought out warn axle division. Older warn shafts are a coin toss as to if the are good or not just like yukon's, you never know what batch they are or if they try something new.

That being said, I run yukons:redneck:

If I could I would run Bobby's CV's

Just to clarify, the WARN line purchesed by Randy's is going by Yukon Hardcore. We still have the regular Yukon line too.