• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

warn winch selonoid

crapyota

i have an older warn 8274.
i need a selonoid. i was told warn dont make them anymore,and i need the new conversion for $200. thats way to much money...any ideas?

Check with carl at Olympic in Snohomish he may have some kicking about. You could also use a continuis (sp) duty one they look like the ford ones just a higher amp rating and made to stay on for a few minutes. their about $30 at marine and electrical stores

Ford solinoids have a bad habit of sticking, like Binder said. When I first got my Ranger it would continue cranking the engine even with the key out. :redneck:

We use the Napa continuos duty ones and have had good luck with them. I can get you a pt# Wednesday if you want.

After looking at mine they resemble a ford solenoid but they are all metal construction constant contact ....I have never had a sticking issue with them or had 1 go bad since I installed them

I got tired of killing the solenoids warn sold with their winches. Looked for better options and short of Albrieights(sp) 12voltguy.com.

Due to an accident on my fault, his solenoids even survived a dead short or two, about 1600 CCA worth. Enough to watch the 2/0 cables jump. :eek:

They are in Australia, but looks like a cool product. :cool:

TIGERZ11 4X4

NEW GENERATION WINCH CONTROL BOX

$125

BUY NOW

FREE DELIVERY AUSTRALIA WIDE

BEST PRICE IN AUSTRALIA

12Volt Heavy duty Winch Solenoid

NOTE! YOU ONLY NEED ONE OF THESE! This one solenoid controls your winch in BOTH directions

Wiring diagram supplied

Fully Waterproof

Will out perform and outlast your standard solenoids

Easy connection wiring diagram with pictures supplied

Suitable for all winches up to 12000lb

A quality solenoid that will free you from problems associated with the cheaper solenoids supplied standard with electric winches

Winch Control Box

AVAILABLE IN 12V AND 24V
The new solenoid has a longer life, and the featuring advantage is no more arcing when the current is switched, while arcing is the leading cause for the failure or poor performance of the previous solenoids.

The black box replaces the solenoid pack you would have with your electric winch, no matter what brand. No more solenoids that can burn out. This solid state unit will not burn out and will outlast your winch. You completely remove the winch control box with all the internals.

It will run any electric winch.

It is very easy to wire your hand controller to this or even wire up your own dash board mounted in/out switch. Mount this unit inside the engine bay somewhere. You only need the one unit.

The competition boys run this unit so they no longer have to fear solenoids burning out.

2008newsolenoid1.JPG

2008newsolenoid2.JPG

2008new%20solenoid.JPG

Suitable for all winches up to 12000lb

There was something else on their website that talked about them handling almost 3 times the current load with a HUGE duty rating.
They are solid state, meaning there is no mechanical connection, only electronic inside. When its time to replace my solenoids, I may look into one.