• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Water leak?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So---who of you dodge owners have a problem with moisture/wetness forming on the drivers side carpet at your feet?

I pull my floor mat up once in a while and there is moisture there. The carpet isn't totaly wet--but you can feel it.

I know jobless also has the same issues..

Anybody else?

Given the recent weather, I'm going to guess a plugged drain from the a/c evap coil?

(I have no idea where the evap actually is, but it's got to be over there somewhere, right?)

Evap core is on the other side of the rig---and with the tranny tunnel there is no way for the water(even if the case did leak) could get on the driver floorboard...

In my case the moisture is being trapped by the floor mat

I had moisture one time on the front passenger floor that ended up being from the rear window slider :eeek:

Sometimes when closing the slider, the seal doesn't work properly. I've had that happen on more than one occasion...

And my dad had a weird ass one in his Yukon where the floor was getting soaked and he chased it for months without luck. Finally found out some drain hole in his door had gotten plugged with leaves/pine needles and crap and the door was retaining water after big rains where it would then spill from a higher opening into the interior. I laughed when I heard about it :haha:

Apparently it's pretty common for the seal around the rear cargo light to leak, so check that. Also I've heard of the rear window seal leaking as well, but mostly on older trucks.

How does moisture get from the rear cargo light to the drivers front floor in a quad cab with no other wetness found between the two areas mentioned? Is there a drain or something?

How does moisture get from the rear cargo light to the drivers front floor in a quad cab with no other wetness found between the two areas mentioned? Is there a drain or something?

That boggled my mind about my slider until I just stopped thinking about it. :redneck:

In mine, there was a bit of dampness all through the floor but the front was soaked because it was the lowpoint as best I could tell...

Don't know, never had that problem, only heard of it second hand through others.

:wtf: :shaking: it sounds like you dodge owners need better bladder control:eeek:

Mike It really is OK to carry TP in your Dodge...

:haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley: :haha: :haha:

It very commen for 1st gen's too leak there do too the gutter around the front windsheild..comes in threw the rubber windsheild gasket.:awesomework:

leak

Thrid brake light leaks, runs undercarpet to drivers side floormat, took me awhile to figure that one out

I've had customers' trucks leak from the rear side windows, then run down the rocker panel and puddle up in the front floorboards (both sides on different occasions/trucks); Have heard of the 3rd brake light/cargo light leaking, but haven't seen it before....Me, I own a ford!!!:D No Leaky!!!

Latest posts