• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Well, I called Dave Smith

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
Went over last friday to take delivery of this thing.... Im impressed with how much dodge has stepped up their game. I really like this truck even tho it uses the cow piss.:rb:

Attachments

• 2014dodge3.jpg
    2014dodge3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 416
  • 2014dodge2.jpg
    2014dodge2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 419
The new ones are nice rigs for sure. Congrats. :awesomework:

What's the def consumption like? I've driven a few at work but never long enough to know how much def it goes through. They definitely don't have that sweet diesel smell anymore. :booo:

Last edited:
What happened to your white one?

I currently still own the white 2005. I am doing some washing and cleaning now and will be posting it for sale soon. I am really going to miss that truck and the mass power and sound it has compared to the new one.

What's the def consumption like? I've driven a few at work but never long enough to know how much def it goes through. They definitely don't have that sweet diesel smell anymore. :booo:

I am unsure of the DEF consumption also. I have only had the truck for one week and I have logged 800 miles so far. The DEF gauge still shows full. I hear guys are getting average 1000mpg on the DEF. I am averaging 18mpg with a mix of town and freeway, so thats cool. On the way home from Dave Smith I was getting 21mpg. And yes, not a wisp of smoke. The exhaust tip is as clean as the day I got it. :rolleyes:

dodge says 1% of fuel mileage, in my 14 it hasnt been enough to notice it and ive put 20k on the clock

Got 28xx miles on her so far... over 1000 miles with the camper on it. No issues at all and I am down about 1/4 on the DEF gauge. Averaging about 14mpg with the camper on it and thats going east and west on I90 and Hwy 20. So far I am happy with the power and the truck drives like a dream.

Nice truck. I wish my 08 got that kind of mileage unloaded. Bought it new from Dave Smith. Flew into Spokane, they picked us up at the airport and drove us to the dealership. The best buying experience I have ever had. Price was awesome too. It had a spray in liner, auxiliary fuel filter and water separator, leveling kit, tinted windows, Electric break controller, and a 5th wheel/camper plug in the bed. $8000 cheaper than anything I could find local.

Nice truck. I wish my 08 got that kind of mileage unloaded. Bought it new from Dave Smith. Flew into Spokane, they picked us up at the airport and drove us to the dealership. The best buying experience I have ever had. Price was awesome too. It had a spray in liner, auxiliary fuel filter and water separator, leveling kit, tinted windows, Electric break controller, and a 5th wheel/camper plug in the bed. $8000 cheaper than anything I could find local.

I got the same treatment and had the same experience... They really do know what they are doing. Sounds like we got mostly the same stuff on our trucks too, and yes, Dave Smith was anywhere from 8-12k less then anywhere else. The closest price I could come up with was Denis Dillon in Boise but other issues held me back from going with them.