• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what company do people use to ship heavy stuff??

zayne2427 said:
The local store just quoted me $400 bucks to ship 4 BFG and beadlocks from north Alabama 35055 to ohio/kentucky 41075 border just below cincinatti. That sounds high as hell to me

Holy hell thats higher than giraffe *****! Send in weights and dims to the online form and a rep will contact you to finish out the quote. In my dealings with Fastenal shipping thats the best way to get a deal.

I shipped a set of Corbeau seats (2 fronts,and a rear bench) Oh to Ky it was $100,also got 4 39"reds from Colorado to Oh for $175 thru fastenal.. They are slow on shipping,I think,but good prices..

Buddy of mine just got two steering dana 80s shipped from the Dallas TX area to north Florida for $332.00 which included the $50 ins fee. 2-3 day advertised delivery. Freightpro.com

I use tigers direct at my shop and I've shipped a bunch of engine block and things of that nature. Best price I've found.

clutchee said:
Also try Gray hound bus lines

I have used greyhound freight; cheap, but you need to have a terminal nearby...

Fastenal looks good; just got two nearby...

I was trying to get 1000 lbs worth of Wilwood rotors from CA to FL, I needed pickup in CA so Fastenal was out. None of the rest of the carriers listed in this thread serviced CA, they all had subcontractors they used to do it which sky-rocketed the price. I ended up using www.freightcenter.com and got them coming for under $300. I thought that was pretty dang good.

patooyee said:
I was trying to get 1000 lbs worth of Wilwood rotors from CA to FL, I needed pickup in CA so Fastenal was out. None of the rest of the carriers listed in this thread serviced CA, they all had subcontractors they used to do it which sky-rocketed the price. I ended up using www.freightcenter.com and got them coming for under $300. I thought that was pretty dang good.

That's a great price, I use R and L carrier's also, most stuff around 200-300 lbs is $75 to ship about anywhere

I had a new experience this morning.

Last night I submitted a freight quote on both freightcenter.com and freightquote.com. I've used freightcenter.com before, they've always been the cheapest and last night was no exception. Freightcenter.com came out to $337 and freightquote.com was $437. Both quotes were too high to make the deal worthwhile so I just wrote them both off assuming the deal wasn't meant to be.

But this morning my rep at freightcenter.com calls me and tells me that he can get my quote down to $279. That was great, getting closer to the territory I would think about it at. I was still waiting on a quote from fastenal though so I told him I would call him back.

10 minutes later someone from freightquote.com calls and says that he will beat freightcenter.com and sends me a quote for $245.

I thougth wow, freightcenter.com has always been good to work with so why don't I give them one last chance. I forward them the quote from freightquote.com and he says he thinks he can now get down to $243. I'm thinking that's going to be my rock-bottom.

My intent wasn't to start a bid war. I had given up on the deal. But the bid war that happened has resulted in the deal being revived. Just thought I would share my story.

Fastenal just emailed me back saying they can't ship from where I am shipping from for some reason so they didn't even submit a bid.

Fastenal has been good to me. I sent 4 16.5" beadlocks with all the junk on them from West of ATL to Knoxville for less than $100 IIRC. They're shipping is kinda crazy though. They had the deal for a pallet to be sent anywhere for $75 which was awesome but the catch was that only applied to whatever stores are serviced through their hub. So I only had a limited selection of stores kinda close to Atl.

I used fastenal on several occasions because they were always reasonable on prices and I have a store 20 minutes from me! They shipped a hp60 from Illinois to Virginia for $150 I thought that was reasonable! Then I sold a atlas on here and they was gonna ship it to Oklahoma for $100 so I sent it,after 3 weeks he hadn't received it. Between both of us calling numerous times and getting nowhere they finally called back and said it had been lost so they refund his money and my shipping money which was a plus. Nor sure if I'll ship with them again!

I've said this before but Fastenal has been getting high lately. I used to ship with them all the time but now I can almost always get a better price on freightcenter.com and a real freight company has better tracking and time. Plus Fastenal has become really picky about not having stuff hanging off the pallets. Like if the hub of an axle sticks off a pallet by a few inches they won't take the shipment. Real freight companies don't seem to give a crap about little stuff like that.