• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What degree taper drill bit does toyota use?

Wow! Last time I checked similar ones were closer to $90.

Whatchya doin Fully? Fixing your steering?

Edit: what exactly are you planning to ream?:redneck:

Last edited:
The XKUT ones work good for about 5 or 6 reams, and then it's dull. Keep that in mind when looking at the price. Don't know if there's an easy way to sharpen.. I bought mine from them when I did my steering and it did its job... so keep that in mind if you plan on using it more than a few times.

If you killed that reamer in 5 or 6 reams your machine wasn't rigid enough and/or you weren't using coolant. Any machine shop should be able to resharpen it for you, as long as you didn't chew the flutes up too much.

benw said:
If you killed that reamer in 5 or 6 reams your machine wasn't rigid enough and/or you weren't using coolant. Any machine shop should be able to resharpen it for you, as long as you didn't chew the flutes up too much.

Makes sense... I was using it in a corded hand drill. :redneck:

its ok to do that but you need coolant or oil of some sort.

IMHO this should be done in a drill press as you can generate more force on the feed, as a reamer needs to cut the metal not just rub it. you will get the feel for what amount of force generates the best cut.

very hard to generate enough "steady force" with a hand drill.

NotMatt said:
Makes sense... I was using it in a corded hand drill. :redneck:
As has been said, tooling like reamers and end mills HAVE to have enough metal to cut. Light pressure means short life.