• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you do for a living?.

New business sales for Sunstar Enginneering; automotive sealers and adhesives. Been doing this for 3 years but I'm using my 12 years servicing automotive plants for various products to sell them various stuff now. Cool thing is seeing stuff in design or pre production stages of builds. I will say our company is heavily rooted in Japanese OEM's due to being Japanese company.
I get to travel weekly but it's become the norm.

clutchee said:
New business sales for Sunstar Enginneering; automotive sealers and adhesives. Been doing this for 3 years but I'm using my 12 years servicing automotive plants for various products to sell them various stuff now. Cool thing is seeing stuff in design or pre production stages of builds. I will say our company is heavily rooted in Japanese OEM's due to being Japanese company.
I get to travel weekly but it's become the norm.

This is the kind of sales I was talking about.

When I was a oil sales guy, I went to most food processing/manufacturing plants in TN and KY (including every single Tyson facility).
Salary + Commission + Benefits + Expense account = Bank

The travel sucks, but at least it's "easy travel"

The Luke said:
I'm not sure that these guys would know how to wipe their a$$ without instructions.
edd3d4ee153a2d723b7a726aa0a2e9b3.jp
1. Isn't that at&t proprietary information that they won't like you posting on the interwebs?

2. The time is wrong on that step.

3. The units are wrong on that other step.

4. About 50% of the info on that print is useless to outside techs, it's management malarky...

5. In 16 years I have not one time, NOT ONE TIME, gotten a print handed to me that was 100% correct, most are a lot less than that, and it is only worse now since they started contracted engineering... and despite of that, we go out every day and still make it work.

2 sides to every story boss

Yes I am a splicer for at&t
It sucks, but it pays for toys
:dblthumb:

3j7 said:
1. Isn't that at&t proprietary information that they won't like you posting on the interwebs?

2. The time is wrong on that step.

3. The units are wrong on that other step.

4. About 50% of the info on that print is useless to outside techs, it's management malarky...

5. In 16 years I have not one time, NOT ONE TIME, gotten a print handed to me that was 100% correct, most are a lot less than that, and it is only worse now since they started contracted engineering... and despite of that, we go out every day and still make it work.

2 sides to every story boss

Yes I am a splicer for at&t
It sucks, but it pays for toys
:dblthumb:

Trust me man, I get it. We do the best we can with identifying iPids blindly thru a mh lid or amongst a bundle of cables. But I've met with our crews down here a hundred times after they've not found a HH, started from the wrong splice(even ignored the pole number,attachments, etc..) placed a pole on the wrong road, or even placed fiber into the wrong building. It's always this way in any construction process. Everyone blames some other party.

I'm not necessarily picking on const or splicers, more so some of the steps we are required to place. I.e. the fact that we have to put a step on a job just to put the loop BACK where it was. Seems like that would be an understood task.

The fact that any of those steps are wrong, doesn't surprise me at all. I've only been designing for a couple months. I've still got plenty to learn. And yes, it may be proprietary info. But I've never understood why, since none of it would add up to a hill of beans for any normal person. Also, I didn't think any person on hardline would give a damn. But since you proved me wrong, I deleted it off my post.

What the hell luke?? I was bout done gathering parts for the time machine. I get back on here to make a copy of the prints and its gone.... im never gonna get back to 1988 now.... booyang :rolf:

ford diesel tech at alexander ford in Boaz,Al. but being a small dealership i work on almost anything that doesnt have a feed bag strapped to it.

Bronco72 said:
What the hell luke?? I was bout done gathering parts for the time machine. I get back on here to make a copy of the prints and its gone.... im never gonna get back to 1988 now.... booyang :rolf:
Not going to say any names, but somebody ruined all the fun.....

The Luke said:
Not going to say any names, but somebody ruined all the fun.....

Boom office boy got shown the gospel.

Luke sounded like he knew what he was talking about for a second until the one doing the work showed up and rained on his parade. Typical computer jockey I can draw it stuff. Then typical response goes to not having not a couple months expierence.

Purely messing with you Luke :flipoff1:

It's happens a lot though. Drafters and designers think they can copy paste everything. Most of the designers never stepping foot on the job know more than the ones looking at it.

I like to think I'm a little different though. I spent three years doing low voltage wiring and construction off blue prints drawn by clueless desk jockeys. I spent two years fielding outside plant for ATT and have just recently started the turnkey process. Which means everything that I draft, I personally have gone on site, fielded, put hands on, etc..So I've been on most sides of this situation. Eventually I'd love to get into splicing. I've been told there's damn good money in it.

I stand by everything I said with the situations and contractors I deal with. I've gone out and helped my sites place their conduit only to have construction tell me the conduit isn't there two days later. The splicers are the only guys that I never hear from. So as far as I know, I'm at least splicing on color.

Primary - Mayor of Facebook
Side - Eat lunch at Sushi Places

But fer realz, my employer has an odd stance on where we can and can't post where we work and what we do. Apparently LinkedIn is OK to post ALL your info, but nowhere else is... In fact some friends I work with were contacted directly recently and asked specifically to remove their employment information from FB. So, to that end; I work for a bank and am in Technology. The only Fortune500 company that is BASED in Alabama.
I've done tech now 20 years. I've worked at some REALLY cool places: started my career in Seattle, 10 miles away from Microsoft's main campus in Redmond, but I was working for a LINUX upstart. So fun to be thumbing the nose so close to Windows! Then moved back to Auburn and had the pleasure of wearing a handful of hats at CoachComm, which if you like football then you know the product, headsets the coaches wear on the sidelines. We also used to provide software to cut up game film which I supported until it got too big and an entire department started supporting.
I work with one or two of ya'll on this forum, and one day hope to have to wear a starched white button shirt like you have to! You know who you are!

i'm a salesman at 84 Lumber in Chattanooga. Before this I was a national sales rep for a firearm, ammo, gear supplier. That job was fun until the election and sales went south. Talked to a buddy that works over there and his sales are down 43% this year.

Install adjust maintain and repair elevators in San Diego. Some days you're up... some days you're down... Some days you get the shaft.

Currently in training to be a traveling service technician for a Chattanooga based company that manufactures Asphalt plants.

I spent the last 4 1/2 years as the production planner/ inventory control for a mid sized specialty carpet manufacturer in Dalton. In the month I've been gone, they're on their 3rd replacement for me. skully

Before that, while finishing my degree I did a little bit of everything: restaurant cook, electrician, delivery driver, landscaper, and HVAC service.

ljholmann said:
Lol where do I sign up to bring him coffee

It's not really my coffee, rafter b2000 brings it to me, I carry it down to the vault for redline diesel. :stir:

I'm a journeyman lineman (electric)... I work on and maintain power lines... It's the greatest career a guy like me could ask for.... I live in Central Indiana so wind, rain and snow keeps us busy....

Latest posts