• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you do for a living?.

94xjsport94 said:
Yeah, I work for Scrapwire. I'm sure I could figure it out.

Logan, that panel isnt bad at all. I'll take some pics of our localized machine control rooms. They're a disaster. Lol. Fuk Siemens.

My dad taught a precision maintenance class for the Georgia locations of southwire.

94xjsport94 said:

Logan, that panel isnt bad at all. I'll take some pics of our localized machine control rooms. They're a disaster. Lol. Fuk Siemens.

Once I get in the field I'm sure there will be a whole lot worse after the end users have gotten a hold of them. So far I've just been testing new panels and consoles for functionality.

Re: Re: What do you do for a living?.

94xjsport94 said:

Do you work at the Georgia plant? I keep the forklifts going at the Florence plant. Just wondering if the other plants are a cluster fawk like Florence is?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My phone won't let me multiquote for some reason. Yeah, the copper rod is made at the Carrollton Rodmill which is on our huge carrollton campus of plants. I work at Utility plant as a tech so I didn't go to any precision alignment classes or anything. That's mechanical work ????. I used to have a job like that logan. All the panels and components are nice and neat till the end user gets ahold of them and changes/ adds about 30 things 84 times. Yes, my plant is a cluster fawk too. We have 30 something forklifts probably? The guy that was running the shop got fired for lying about how he got hurt at work so now it's even worse to get a lift or cushman truck fixed/ half ass working. Southwire is a big company is carrollton, not a bad place to work for, and can't beat the swing shift schedule or pay for what I do most days. Grass is always greener somewhere tho...
I'll find you some electrical disaster pics this week. Lol

b9d5bf49d615cb868f6007582b07af46.jpg

27fb5363f48416aefedb57a2f12112ac.jpg

Re:

Kewl pics Will. Made me think of the video they made of our plant, didn't even cross my mind to share it. Check it out, it shows a good glimpse at some of the neat automation and machinery we have. When it mentions Parallel Ring area and the Stator Coil area, that is where I used to work prior to moving to Shipping where I have remained for nearly 10 years.

http://youtu.be/BxK-KZyzC9w

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. I don't know much seimens PLC or Drive stuff really. Most everything I've had to work with or learned has been Allen Bradley but it seems to be very reliable on the one line we have it on.

Re:

All we make is power generation parts, completely separate from the electronics and healthcare sector. The quick roll up door that I mentioned earlier is not a Siemens branded mechanism, some other company, of which they quoted $20k iirc to replace the whole thing. That's a lot for a single 10x12 door...or it may be a 10x10. Idk. Lol

CHASMAN9 said:
So you are saying that you work for the government. Cool job. Ham,Spam or peanut butter? :flipoff1: :rolf: :stir:

ADMINISTRATOR (reported to self)

Lol Patrick always gave hell about sammiches, so I thought I'd put that, and beat some you to the punch ahemmm, ya I remember the comments about me having small feet and can get closer to the stove.... Cheese sammich ya know we the gov-ment so we got gov-ment cheese

I own a small glass shop that does automotive glass , commercial storefronts, & heavy glass showers. We average 2-300 units of auto glass a month and do all your typical storefront work - strip malls, schools, etc. We also specialize in mall fronts and travel the country doing them.

7355af781e8158c34d745be3957ea55f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DallasBlade said:
Business owners, who do you have general liability insurance with and how much coverage?

How much really is dependent upon an analysis of your individual risk.

Been looking into a $1m general liability policy to avoid risks with renters, but generally from what I understand is before you can get that much, they want all your other home/auto policies to be up to certain standards which may cost more than you are paying now, but beyond that once the rest of your policies are up to par it can be less than $200 annually to add the $1m policy. Each insurance company may vary, all of my stuff is currently insured with Cincinnati via local independent insurance broker.

I like them, but had the one year renewal and 3 auto policies containing full coverage on my truck, full coverage on the wife's car, and liabilty with underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage on my bike, just went up $192 annually upon renewal - rate hike. Debating on shopping around with other insurance companies, but it seems like this **** is across the board. We left Allstate with all our ****, switched to Cincinnati last year and saved $700 annually for equal or better coverage, so I guess even with a $192 hike, it's still better than it was.

TacomaJD said:
How much really is dependent upon an analysis of your individual risk.

Been looking into a $1m general liability policy to avoid risks with renters, but generally from what I understand is before you can get that much, they want all your other home/auto policies to be up to certain standards which may cost more than you are paying now, but beyond that once the rest of your policies are up to par it can be less than $200 annually to add the $1m policy. Each insurance company may vary, all of my stuff is currently insured with Cincinnati via local independent insurance broker.

I like them, but had the one year renewal and 3 auto policies containing full coverage on my truck, full coverage on the wife's car, and liabilty with underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage on my bike, just went up $192 annually upon renewal - rate hike. Debating on shopping around with other insurance companies, but it seems like this **** is across the board. We left Allstate with all our ****, switched to Cincinnati last year and saved $700 annually for equal or better coverage, so I guess even with a $192 hike, it's still better than it was.

Everyone I have called pretty much says $1m is needed. I have had quotes range from $640-$1000. I have the house and cars with allstate, but they only cover certain type of businesses with general liability. State farm, you have to be in business for at least two years already.

The amount of coverage you need will depend on the type of business you're in. I keep seeing higher and higher limits on contract work that I do. I have $1m Auto, $2m CGL, and a $2m umbrella policy on top of that. CGL is with State Auto through a local insurance company & auto is with State Farm. I'd have to look back but the $2m umbrella is fairly inexpensive.

Re:

All of what I posted came from my independent insurance agent and is derivitive from his own policies, including umbrella insurance, with Cincinnati as well. Haven't checked with the big box companies, actually trying to avoid them after getting reamed with Allstate for so long. You may get a more unbiased opinion on how to go about it if you can speak with an independent agent in your area. You aren't terribly far from me, the agent I go through is in Rainsville, AL. If you want me to give you their contact info, you should be able to handle it over the phone should you hear something you like with them and decide to proceed with a policy. I know the owners personally and will give you their contact info if interested.

My lawyer buddy taught me a little about insurance recently. If I change insurance companies or upgrade policies, I will be going about it differently next time. He was explaining how cheap it is to up your personal liability coverage on all things like your autos and homes, and some policies let you stack the liability on your autos. For instance, if I have 5 cars, $50k-100k for personal liability/underinsured motorist coverage per vehicle, if something happened to me in one of those vehicles I would pretty much have $250k-500k of coverage. Like with my current situation from car wreck, we are not 100% sure yet if that guy had insurance - hired lawyer last week, as I still have not heard from, nore received **** from that cocksucker's insurance company. He provided proof of insurance at the scene of the wreck, but what a lot of these worthless ****s do around here is get insurance at the cheapest place online in order to get a tag for the vehicle, keep the proof of insurance and cancel the policy the next week to keep from having to pay for insurance. If we are going to be unable to get anything out of his insurance company, we are going to try filing a claim with mine....and I have no idea what my current personal liability coverage is, which is somewhat ignorant on my part. Just one of those things I never pegged as super important until now. That will change though. I will ask way more questions and get them to do policy breakdowns and coverage/price comparisons next time. My buddy brought up a good point though - I don't know why in the hell insurance companies don't tell you this stuff up front, they make commision off of selling more insurance, why wouldn't they want you to make a smart decision for yourself by purchasing sufficient coverage while they also get paid more, win for both the agent and customer... :dunno:

I have a 1 million dollar ballon policy through American family insurance, I have everything I own through them. 3 full coverage policies and home owners as well as life insurance for me and my daughter and I pay 260 a month for all of it and my daughter is half my premium a month on her suv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk