• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you do?

Sell Ortho Surgery implants and equipment during the day. I used to work on my jeep at night, until i had kids. Now I guess I am an offical dish washer, ass cleaner, and book reader at night now.

Had an extensive job interview today with Fourroux Prosthetics (my prosthetic care provider). Lasted almost 2 hours and I think it went well. Pretty excited and anxious to hear further details in it. Also nervous about throwing away the security of my current job on a new venture if it does indeed pan out, but in the end I think it will be WELL worth it. The Friday before last marked my 7th year with Siemens Energy. I had no plans of leaving anytime soon, but with this potential job offer on the table with Fourroux, plans seem to be changing for the better.

:drinkers:

Glorified button pusher,push a button almost every minute of a 8 hour shift, letting a pile of robots weld up some car bodies at the Hyundai plant,dont make enough $ to fly thru the sky in a rig like the high rollers,but maybe one day i can upgrade from 33"s to 35"s :driving:

TacomaJD said:
Had an extensive job interview today with Fourroux Prosthetics (my prosthetic care provider). Lasted almost 2 hours and I think it went well. Pretty excited and anxious to hear further details in it. Also nervous about throwing away the security of my current job on a new venture if it does indeed pan out, but in the end I think it will be WELL worth it. The Friday before last marked my 7th year with Siemens Energy. I had no plans of leaving anytime soon, but with this potential job offer on the table with Fourroux, plans seem to be changing for the better.

:drinkers:

I had the same feeling when I left my old job of 6 years almost a year ago but turned out to be the best thing that has ever happened to me besides my Son!

Just have to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while! :dblthumb:

I babysit 25 adults that can't fit into normal society.
I am in construction.
I am a owner operator truck driver with 7 trucks in my fleet.
I am in food services
I am an electrician.
I work on equipment that has not been manufactured in the last 20 year. That has to be inspected by a group of people that don't know what they are looking at. But always tell me I can't modify it from factory specs.
I get 4 month in a row off a year.
Anybody want to take a stab at what I do?

B.DRAKE said:
I had the same feeling when I left my old job of 6 years almost a year ago but turned out to be the best thing that has ever happened to me besides my Son!

Just have to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while! :dblthumb:

That's what my gut is saying. They've not discussed dollar figures yet but have asked me what I currently make and said that number doesn't scare them a bit. They just want to make sure I'm not making the career move solely based on money and to ensure that I would be passionate about devoting myself to the company's growth as well as building relationships with patients. It's always a good thing as an amputee patient if you can relate with staff who are also amputees. There are a few that work there now. Only shitty thing is the drive. I'd be driving an hour as opposed to 13-15 minutes to and from work every day. The last thing I want to do is relocate residence, but I think I could adjust quickly to the drive.

TacomaJD said:
That's what my gut is saying. They've not discussed dollar figures yet but have asked me what I currently make and said that number doesn't scare them a bit. They just want to make sure I'm not making the career move solely based on money and to ensure that I would be passionate about devoting myself to the company's growth as well as building relationships with patients. It's always a good thing as an amputee patient if you can relate with staff who are also amputees. There are a few that work there now. Only shitty thing is the drive. I'd be driving an hour as opposed to 13-15 minutes to and from work every day. The last thing I want to do is relocate residence, but I think I could adjust quickly to the drive.

What will you be doing for the new gig?

ibrokeit said:
What will you be doing for the new gig?

Based on marketing for the company since I'm pretty much a walking example of their knowledge, skills, and technology.....plus I have a story of how my other prosthetic care provider couldn't get me refitted earlier this year when my leg messed up (new guy there, original guy that fit me left the company for another offer). I wasted 5 weeks making 1 hour trips back and forth to Chatty while out of work on disability and still hadn't walked on a socket that was anywhere near comfortable....went to Fourroux and was back to work in 2 weeks. So I have a strong basis to initiate marketing with new clients and I think I'd really be happy with my job (always a plus) aside from whatever the $$$ ends up being. Plus at my age, it would allow me to change my college major to something more applicable to that job and leave plenty years to grow and develope along with the company itself. They are growing rapidly and have the best reputation around for prosthetic care....so job security for a loooooong time is not even an issue.

...plus maybe I'd get some sweet deals on prosthetic parts molaugh

i run a 4x4/diesel repair shop in central FL. i get to wheel once a year, if im real lucky twice a year outta state, dont wheel FL i hate mud. i have to say the mall crawler jeeps and the big diesel street queens keep my bills paid :****:

Eddyj said:
I am in construction.
I am in food services
I am an electrician.
I work on equipment that has not been manufactured in the last 20 year. That has to be inspected by a group of people that don't know what they are looking at. But always tell me I can't modify it from factory specs.

mcdonalds worker

Eddyj said:
I am in construction.
I am in food services
I am an electrician.
The 4 months off is throwing me off

All the other I could say school teacher or nursing home

Eddyj said:
I am in construction.
I am in food services
I am an electrician.

Traveling carney freak show ringmaster! :flipoff1:

Winner! I own a carnival.
8a2y4e7u.jpg

I'm local to Birmingham but go all the way to Kansas City every summer. You guys who live in bham have seen my stuff in the spring and fall. My father owns Michael Jackson's Ferris wheel from neverland ranch.
ny3eva9y.jpg

So you guys bitchin about your job it could be worse! A lot worse believe me