• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you think?

Re:

ForMud said:
So it would be like the fear I had for my old man as I was growing up?

God is referred to in multiple verses in scripture as Abba or Abba Father. It is like saying daddy. It is actually an intimate personal way to address God. Jesus called Him father multiple times in the Gospels. Many of the things that we feel make us a good father are derived from the way that God treats us as his children.

I traveled and met different kind of people.
Religious and non-religious ones.
Good and bad ones.

I prefer the company of good people who can respect other views than theirs and don't mind sharing what they think while keeping a heart open enough to learn from other people sharing their beliefs. (That doesn't sound English at all... sorry)

I believe that most religions are about setting society rules that are needed when a mass of people live together.

I also believe that, just like in life, everything is a cycle and religions come and go. Who knows, maybe in 500 years people will be bending in front of a computer ?

Bebop said:
I traveled and met different kind of people.
Religious and non-religious ones.
Good and bad ones.

I prefer the company of good people who can respect other views than theirs and don't mind sharing what they think while keeping a heart open enough to learn from other people sharing their beliefs. (That doesn't sound English at all... sorry)

I believe that most religions are about setting society rules that are needed when a mass of people live together.

I also believe that, just like in life, everything is a cycle and religions come and go. Who knows, maybe in 500 years people will be bending in front of a computer ?

The hard part about the keeping an open mind part is that if you look at all religions or beliefs (Atheists, Buddhists, Agnostics, Scientologists, Mormons,Muslims, Christians, bama fans and etc.) into a big pool, someone is right. Each is exclusive and exhaustive in that if they are right there is no room for anything else. It is hard for me to be "open minded" to other religions because I know the truth. It is not hard for me to be around people of other religions or beliefs and hear what they think, or to discuss differences in what I believe with what they believe, and actually I am called to do that. I have met good people of many faiths or of no faith at all and I have met Christians both leaders and seat warmers that are terrible people. 500 years? For $50,000 a year you can be a scientologist and worship a computer now :rolf:

money_pit_yj said:
The hard part about the keeping an open mind part is that if you look at all religions or beliefs (Atheists, Buddhists, Agnostics, Scientologists, Mormons,Muslims, Christians, bama fans and etc.) into a big pool, someone is right.

Why ?

Maybe everyone is a little right and a little wrong ? Maybe everyone is wrong ?

I'll just quote a famous philosopher : Aristotle — 'The more you know, the more you know you don't know.'

Edit : I'm not very familiar with Scientology, it's illegal in France. I didn't know they worshiped computers...