• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What does your wife ride?

money_pit_yj

My wife wants a new vehicle. She has JKU and looking for something with a 3rd seat. We have always had Tahoes but she wants better mpgs. Her choices are Honda Pilot, Nissan Pathfinder and a 4Runner. I told her if she is getting rid of her Jeep she might as well just get a minivan ;D. Anybody have a vehicle that gets good gas mileage 20+ and has a third row? What do other 33 year old women with two kids drive?

Re:

I'm telling ya, any bigger size suv that has 3 seats will not get good gas mileage, I would not give up the room and V8 power of a full size Tahoe, for maybe a couple of mpg better in 6 cylinder.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re:

zukimaster said:
I'm telling ya, any bigger size suv that has 3 seats will not get good gas mileage, I would not give up the room and V8 power of a full size Tahoe, for maybe a couple of mpg better in 6 cylinder.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I agree. At current prices and our current driving habits it is only about $500 a year savings, but she wants what she wants. I prefer a Tahoe.

mine has an Acadia. she had an enclave also. she liked the enclave more because it rode better and wasnt as noisy. Both get about 20-22.

Re:

Newer ford explorers are really nice .. think they may have 3rd row

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

GMC Acadia Has buckets or bench in middle if buckets they slide back on forth. She gets 18-19 mpg driving it to school and seems like on a trip about 22-23

08 JKU
10cfeb957b7c6a95f3f4d430d24b58c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 4Runner Limited with a 2"/1" lift. It is 4wd/AWD like the Landcruiser with center diff lock. Atrac. X-res. Nav. We didn't want the 3rd row but you can get it.

4 door JK 4"lift on 35" nittos. It's a true mall crawler never gets dirty , people ask if we wheel it all the time. But she also has her own rockwelled bouncer LadyLuck so the answer is no,we don't wheel our mall crawler

money_pit_yj said:
My wife wants a new vehicle. She has JKU and looking for something with a 3rd seat. We have always had Tahoes but she wants better mpgs. Her choices are Honda Pilot, Nissan Pathfinder and a 4Runner. I told her if she is getting rid of her Jeep she might as well just get a minivan ;D. Anybody have a vehicle that gets good gas mileage 20+ and has a third row? What do other 33 year old women with two kids drive?

My wife has the 2016 pilot 25mpg. 2015 pilot last year and a Yukon before that. The pilot is her favorite by far. I liked the size Yukon better but as far as riding and driving new pilot is hard to beat. Am not a car/SUV person but am impressed with the pilot. A good friend of mine his wife has the new ford expedition. It's really nice too

Wife has Nissan Pathfinder. I was against it when she bought it (we didn't talk for over a week) but I do enjoy it now that I've cooled down a year and a half later. Good mileage. Plenty of get up and go. I tow my rzr behind it with my little trailer, cameras on it are amazing. I wanted to get her a traverse/acadia but too many people in town had them and that just WON'T do ::). So far, 2ish years in I'd recommend it. Only thing that sucks is it seems with the cvt the cruise is funny, like it floats 1.5 either way depending on hills.

My wife has a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum. The only option she didn't get was 4wd. 25k mikes with no trouble and she has averaged 21.4 mpg since we got it.

It has decent storage, cup holders, iPhone hookups, etc. all the things you need on long trips. Third row is good for one adult or two small kids. My 70 year old mother in law rode back there 14 hours with no complaints about leg room. Lifetime power train means I will not be selling this one and my kids will end up driving this mobile when they are old enough.

My wife has a 2015 Ford Explorer with fold and tumble 3rd row seats. It's a good vehicle we like it it rides good and comfortable. Gets around 19-23 MPG depending on how you drive it.