• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What headunit ya got?

onepieceatatime

I like turtles...
Need to put a new radio on my 04 2500hd. It comes with BOSE and sounds great but FM radio these days makes me wanna blow my brains out. JD recommended me a solid double din Pioneer a few days ago but now I'm thinking I want a back up camera, navigation, and Pandora all in one unit so I can thrown my phone on the charger and in the console and have less to mess with while towing. The fact that my company found out they've been taking out city taxes that they shouldn't have been all year and I got that all refunded also helped my decision to spend a little more on a nicer unit. So whatcha got? And what do you like and not like about it? Plus I know there's gotta be a couple GM guys on here who've upgraded their BOSE radio so what harness did ya use?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The higher end Pioneer double dins, should do everything you want. I'd still go buy an Alpine tho thumb.gif Just about everything has bluetooth/camera inputs now

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O8B7CP8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is what I upgraded to, but I have a 07 dodge so I couldn't tell you anything on the harness.

pretty much anything you buy that is a name brand should all have:

dvd
nav
Bluetooth
Pandora
back up camera

The rest is do you have a iphone or android? There are differences according to what phone you have..

Look at Crutchfield and call them on the phone. They will normally give you any harness adapters and faceplate adapters needed at no charge. They are very knowledgable, fast, and normally competitive.

Re:

I've had good luck with JVC brands in my last head unit purchases.....but I've been an Alpine guy mostly before that. The JVC's did all the Alpines did but at half the price.

Thanks for starting this thread. I haven't checked car stereos in a long, long time. They have all gotten really cheap in the last 10 or so years. Gonna have to spend a few bucks on a better unit for the Ford tow pig and possibly the van too.

Go to sonicelectronix.com they have the best prices and free shipping. Only place I order my electronics for anything. Shipping is pretty quick also

Re:

Clarion cz702, best radio I've ever owned. Has time alignment and 8 user defined eq curves. Full on Sound Quality head unit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm a Pioneer guy for head units, Kicker guy for door speakers. Those higher end double din Pioneers would be what I'd get, Pioneer always seems to be best bang for your buck and most user friendly interface.

That Z06 I had, had a Kenwood double din and I hated it. Terrible user interface. So I would not recommend Kenwood.

e2118ed96b9e6dea12626e79661fdfd7.jpg

Re: Re: What headunit ya got?

Jacksonwolf39 said:
Go to sonicelectronix.com they have the best prices and free shipping. Only place I order my electronics for anything. Shipping is pretty quick also
Yup...that's the place to go. Put multiple stereo systems together through them. Cheap prices fast shipping.

Latest posts