• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what kind of battery setup do I want to search for?

Buy local(PNW), buy from a vendor that is into crawlers!!!

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com

If you need more than what the site has, call them. They are crawlers, well, Chris is.... They like to even build custom packs built to your crawler. Take it to them and they'll build the pack where you want it on your rig. Excellent work and great service. Hands down the only place to buy battery packs......they also offer brushless systems too!

The 3 of us from ORCRC that went to Nationals were sponsored by Cheapbatterypacks.com Without them we wouldn't have had great packs.

Last edited:
Depend what you are planning to do, and what ESC you are running. If you are building primarily for bashing around, I would recommed a 6 cell sub C "sport" pack, in the 3300 to 3800 Mah range. This will be totally safe for any ESC, and probably give over an hour of run time while crawling.

If you are building to compete, I would probably recommend a little more voltage, either 7 or 8 cells, in a 2/3 A size cell, either the IB1400, or Elite 1500 cells. Half the capacity means half the run time, but you get a little extra punch when you need it, and the pack is smaller and lighter. I run 8 cell IB1400 packs in my 2.2 comp rig from cheapbatterypacks.com.

well I do like the idea of being able to have some good run times, at least for practice sessions, then maybe later on I could get some of the high peformance packs when I wanted to get into competing

also to go along with the batteries, I will be needing a charger, should I go all out, or just get something that charges and not worry about the special features?

Probably stick to 7 cells max with the TR2, just to be safe. Tekin won't warrenty it if they find you over-volted it.

For a charger, no need to go hog wild, but you want a nice unit that you will be happy with down the road too, so you don't have to buy again too soon. Look for features like adjustable current, peak detection, so it shuts off when the battery if actually at max capactity, and the ability to charge multiple types of cells (NiCd and NiMh). Before investing in Lipo, i would wait to see where Lithium Ion tech goes, since it seems to be more stabe.

I have the paranha and it works perfect and fully programable..

As for the battery packs I told ya what I have long ago...

crash said:
I have the paranha and it works perfect and fully programable..

As for the battery packs I told ya what I have long ago...

just cause you told me EONS ago, does not neccessarily mean that I remember what you told me, I am not in a huge rush, just wanna do it right you know... the first time.

okay, so I want lots of mah right? about six cells, SC type right? what about the ELITE4500 SC cell? or whats a good direction and Crash if you wanna chime in on what it is that you have that would be helpful as well