• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What motors are you guys using for builds?

Re:

I think the Colorado/Canyon "Atlas" series engines would catch on for small buggies and Toyotas if the engines were more available, they come with 4L60E behind them too.

Especially the 07+ larger displacement. An all aluminum 200+ HP 2.9L 4cyl with a truck power band, normal accessory drive, and a 4L60e/Atlas tcase would be a good setup for a narrow crawler buggy.

Of course it cost the same $ to do an LS v8....So...... Yeah.

smbroady82 said:
Isomething like a boosted ecotec/ aw4?/ atlas would be sweet and I could keep doing my weepow thing, but I think it would cost the same/ possibly more than just doing a 5.3 or 6.0 / 350 or 400 / atlas

But the power to weight ratio would be more appealing. I would LOVE to do that setup but the ecotec info remains a mystery to me.

I'd be interested in a 3rz but want an auto to atlas or fj60 split case for my offset rear diff.

GONOVRIT said:
But the power to weight ratio would be more appealing. I would LOVE to do that setup but the ecotec info remains a mystery to me.

I'd be interested in a 3rz but want an auto to atlas or fj60 split case for my offset rear diff.

I've got the atlas already, I'm just having a hard time making a decision on which way to go with the motor/ tranny

Adapter from yota motors to th350, 400 and powerglide is less than $300.

I think the yoyos would sell well, but power to weight, the LS beats it like a redheaded stepchild.

Re: Re: What motors are you guys using for builds?

GONOVRIT said:

I don't know... There isn't near as much weight difference in a 4cyl+turbo and a v8... Especially an aluminum block LS motor.

I think the "best" power/weight/size/capability/cost ratio would have to be a relatively stock LS1, mild TH350/4L60E (or a mild 400), and of course the Atlas which is a wash.

It would be interesting to do the math.

2jz is a cool motor and a lot of power. God there is a bunch of extra little **** all over it though. Got one in an is300 at the shop right now, running ass motor for sure.

Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
After purchasing this 2014 mustang.....I'd love to have rig with a cammed 5.0 coyote motor. I've been very impressed!!
I have an 11' with long tubes. Fun cars.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've got a customer with a TJ that has a 6.1 hemi in it. He's recently slung a rod through the side of the block so he'll be looking for another one shortly. Shoot me a PM if you have access to a good one.

Re: What motors are you guys using for builds?

I'd love a coyote but a decent built Windsor is prob in my budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: What motors are you guys using for builds?

If I were into **** ass Ford's, I would be all over this, seems like a good deal. It's in the Gadsden Alabama Craigslist
c5712ff8773106339f6d0eaeedb908b7.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ridefast said:
Any luck on a 2.2L Ecotec?

What about a BBC Mark IV 4-bolt block?

I'll check on the ecotec and yes on the mark IV. I have 2 of those, maybe 3. I have a 96+ 427 I can't seem to give away so I am gonna use it in my new to me dually I acquired.