• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what radio

johnboy1

im looking into getting the 1/10 ax10 scorpion ARTR from rcplanet.com because its cheaper than buying a RTR. the ony thing it says it need to run is a 2 channel radio with a servo. im new to this rc world so my question is, what radio would be a good radio to use? best place to buy from?

I would check tcscrawlers.com also for a ARTR setup man. :awesomework: I haev the TCQ 3 or something like that for my nitro rig, it's a cheap reliable radio, like $40-$50 i think, lots of guys use it. As for a servo, like crash will say, you get what you pay for, I'd prolly go with the $25 one from TCS until I could afford the really beefy $100 one. But then again, bucking up in the first place will save ya, that $25...Just depends on what ya have at the time.

You really want a radio with 3 channels so you can have a dig. The TQ3 radio is ok, but really is a piece of crap compared to a spectrum radio. I ran a tq3 for some time and it did ok but I got tired of the glitching you get. So I got a dx3.0 radio and its 100% better. My next upgrade with be a dx3r but still kinda pricey for me.

ive got a used airtronics m11 with the 2.4 dsm and 3 recevers and a hard case for 250$
one recever alone new in 100$ its a 4ch raido works great. for crawlers.