• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What slowed your roll this week.

Eddyj

I've seen a couple threads like this but nothing recently.
I've been in the middle of a buggy build, that my focus is on simplicity and ride all weekend. If I don't make it up a hill because I'm heavy or don't have some bling part so be it as long as I drive on the trailer at the end of the weekend.
So it got me thinking what is the number one thing that ends your fun?
Broken front end, automatic trans, blown tire, steering, run out of beer, get drunk and misplace your leg, whatever.
Post up some pics, why it happened, and what your going to do to fix it.

Have spare parts...as we all know every rig has its weak points and some things just break no matter how well its built or how much money is put into it. Every ride i go on i see someone out of the game for something simple like a hub, stub shaft, u joint, or drive shaft. I look forward too much to the rides i go on and spend too much money to be sidelined by not having parts. That being said i put a lot ofmoney in the parts u cant see and keep a toolbox full of just in case parts.

I guess you could call me a prepper. Lol. When I go to multiple day events I end up taking a welder, air compressor, press, power tools, air tools..etc. not to mention extra tubing for links, driveshafts...etc. I might not need it but I know ive helped other get back on the trail and that is part of wheeling. To me we are one big family and ill do what I can to help someone.
I saw a guy break a knuckle in harlan and my buddy went and put his buggy on the trailer and disassembled his axle so the guy could use his knuckle just to help the guy get back to the trailer

Last New Years at witc I twisted a driveshaft. The guys in the garage by the office let me dig through the scrap pile and sold me two pieces of square made a new shaft and kept wheeling. Cool guys forgot there name.

Re: What slowed your roll this week.

4a7y8e7y.jpg
. Broke heim joint put spare on and let eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From too many years of running yota junk, either the 8" ring gear blows, locker breaks in half, or the engine blows up (22re).

Went to fix my ole ranger from last trips ****up on the stair steps at trail 3 at windrock. I noticed the other day that the rear end looked cocked back a bit. I thought at the time that I had just bent my lowers a little and I would have to adjust em out a bit. Well ummmm nope. It's a 3 link rear with a pan hard bar. It has almost ripped the front mount for the upper through the middle of the frame rail. Well ****!! Now I have to fix that **** too. I was already getting ready to put a radiator in it from somehow popping it at the same time on the stair steps all while breaking the joint in the rear driveshaft at the rear end. So there's my ****up. I wish I had taken a picture of it while I was at the garage.

Different wheel widths....15x8's on the font and 15x12's on the back. I tried to adjust heights of the tires by using air pressure difference, but couldn't get it dialed in. I had another ****ing sensor on the Yota **** the bed too.. Thankfully a Toyota guru bent some **** and bailing wired it, plus adjusted the timing to compensate...wheels will be swapped out this week and sensor is supposed to be in the mail. Then I will try and get the timing sorted and ready to ride on the 19th.

On the way home I also lost a tire....took part of my Sunday to get that remedied.