• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What tube?

tlcruiser66

I'm looking to start building my front bumper on my Cruiser and am wondering what size tubing I should start with. I already know I want to go with a DOM tube and it's gonna be a combo of tube and plate style.

I don't want the tubing to be too large, but I still want it to be strong enough to stand up to some abuse.

Also if you guys could give me some tips on where to find this stuff locally at a good price i'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Kevin

Anything from 1.5 - 2" and I wouldn't go with any less than .120" wall for the tubing.

You can also use 1/8" - 1/4" plate depneding on the where it's being used on the bumper and for what prupose (winch mounting, etc...)

DOM is a waste for a bumper. Bumpers are expendible, save the DOM for the stuff that'll save you.

How much cheaper is HREW?
I've havn't had the chance to buy any tube yet, how much cheaper would it be compared to DOM and how much softer of a material is it?

I disagree that DOM should be saved for the cage. I used DOM for my exocage and HREW for my rear bumper, and now my rear bumper is so badly bent from the few hits that it took I wish I had paid the extra $15 saved.

That being said if you dont wheel hard and just barely touch a tree every once in a while then the HREW should be fine, but I do alot of ramming.

I havn't been able to take my own rig out in quite awhile but i'm not really gentle on anything I drive. I should probably have something that won't bend up too easily, as it won't be cosmetic like some peoples out there.
So where can I pick some of this up at in South King?