• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what would y'all do

muchado

...to get doors back on :eek:

rob6.jpg

I was thinkin kinda boatside action like on the burban but more of a mini-boatside then cut the bottom of the door and cap it.

High clearance rocker panels are better than doors. :)

I'd just wheel it until the body damage is really bad then I'd get busy with a sawzall and tubing bender. If it's a toyota (I think I see a yota rear) I'd go f-toy.

but Ftoys look ghhey! I'm not worried much about body damage, just tryin to appease my folks since their HOA has written letters to them about my vehicles.

by the picture i would take a sledge hammer beat the rocker and floor pan down enough to get the door to close

Do you really want the door to go back on?

Just keep beating the tar out of it.

How dd it do?

wngrog said:
Do you really want the door to go back on?

Just keep beating the tar out of it.

How dd it do?

I don't DD it... I just don't want to get another letter from the HOA for "inoperable vehicle" in the driveway...

I'm gonna beat on it see if i can get it to close then address it further later.. I need to do something

Beat it down and get a door on it and put some 2x2 square in the rockers place and tie it off to the frame. I would not waste my time boatsiding it personally.

Bones said:
Beat it down and get a door on it and put some 2x2 square in the rockers place and tie it off to the frame. I would not waste my time boatsiding it personally.

werd...

more I look at it the more I am thinkin that route.. also some of that rocker sheetmetal can get cut out, it don't need to be there.

blacksheep10 said:
good, that's what I was thinking. whack that sheetmetal below the door out of there. **** it, nothing to hit then

yep.. KEEP IT SIMPLE STOOPID. Not tryin to make more work for myself on a rat-rig

The formerly unnamed obstacle is appropriatly named Sasquatch now.

I'm not sure if a tube door would satisfy the HOA but it wouldn't be too hard to find one for a toyota. It's an idea anyway.

just because it doesnt have doors means its inoperable? do the tube doors and add some skins on it.
FAWK THE HOA!!!

BTW, where are the rest of the pics from Tuttle???

Im with everyone else beat it down and beef the rocker. That way youll have a better chance of getting a door back on it. thumb.gif

1TONZR2 said:
just because it doesnt have doors means its inoperable? do the tube doors and add some skins on it.
FAWK THE HOA!!!

BTW, where are the rest of the pics from Tuttle???

nope but I don't have it tagged or insured yet..... trying to have it blend in as much as possible. I had half doors on my 85 that my brother uses and I have an extra set of doors from the red donor truck that I'll be making another set of halfies out of. I'm not a big fan of tube doors so half doors it is... That is, when I get the mechanical **** all figger'd out. Might be a while before I get to that stuff.

As for pics, I'll get a short vid clip up by tomarrow from tuttle. I was rollin' solo so those pics were just some from a dude we were wheelin' with, I think he only snapped 10 pics the whole day and most were from the same spot

almost roll cell shot of my playback screen... critter gitter
n77200125_31169923_4846.jpg

some pics Robin took, he only took pics at the ledges we were playin on so no pics of the Rock Garden and Punisher which woulda been pretty cool to get.
rob3.jpg

rob4.jpg

rob5.jpg

powerline said:
get your own pad in the ghetto, and then that **** would blend right in. molaugh
no ****... cept I'd need some big blades on it

One time on the trail a friend of mine used a low tree limb and a hi-lift to push down on something. That might work out nicer than a hammer but it feels less safe.