• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what's the elevation difference between evans and elbe

rooinater

i might have a free moment on sunday or monday to go wheel, i'll be turning wrenches all week to try to get the car all the way up and going. i was wondering if there was a big differance in elevation from elbe to evans. i know evans is fairly high around 4000 ft. and i have a feeling that there won't be much for tracks, and i am not taking the car on a shake down run in seriously deep snow. i wouldn't be planning on running the busy at elbe either, not a large enough rig to stay above water. just looking for some in the middle trails to run. if it comes down to it i'll run tahuya. but i was thinking a some snow wheeling would be nice.

I tried to go to Evans on Sat. 9th, the snow was deep and slushy. We only made it about 2 miles from the lower paved road. There were about 12 vehicles in a Jeep club, they only made it to mile marker 6 where ever that is.

Elbe was pretty deep in snow a couple weeks ago, but it's warmed up quite a bit. Still, the Busy would be pretty nasty for a shake down run.

yeah, i'll stay off the busy till it dries out a little or untill i get the toyota going... i know there's other trails at elbe that aren't so difficult. but if the snow is fairly deep, i'll stay away for the shakedown run. probably have to run tahuya then. i don't have the gas money to head north to reiter.