• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats the new hot battery?

yeah I'm sure, not that i have delt with thousand's or anything, but the better part of the percentage I have dealt with in the past few years have been the same story. One of many examples, Kevin that we were speaking of bought 3 for all 3 of his new buggies and all 3 were bad, he returned them all and got 1 out of the next 3 that worked. :rolleyes: Must have been a fluke:D

Thats just called bad luck,lol

yeah I'm sure, not that i have delt with thousand's or anything, but the better part of the percentage I have dealt with in the past few years have been the same story. One of many examples, Kevin that we were speaking of bought 3 for all 3 of his new buggies and all 3 were bad, he returned them all and got 1 out of the next 3 that worked. :rolleyes: Must have been a fluke:D

But that's right out of the gate. How many last over a year or two?

I've been limping my red top along for a year now. It will hold a small charge and start the truck just fine but 15 mins of radio of lights and it's dead. Lasted 2 years before I had this problem

the other part of the percentage don't make it that far. sure there are a few that last a long time. To stretch I would say 50% are good, that's not very good odd's.

'm still running the original Red top in my heep for about 6 - years and the two I put in the truck have been doing just fine as well.

Sounds like Optima (or whoever) has quality issues on the line.

and your other original is still running as far as I know too.....and I used to let it sit for LONG periods of time with out issues.

I have never been able to get an optima to take a trickle charge after being dead. I have to put them on a big charger an dblast them, then they work real good after that. Other option is to get a car running then drop the otpima in and let the alternator charge it. They don't like that 2 amp trickle charge.

I havent heard anything bad about the optimas lately, but then I haven had to buy an Optima battery in 6+ years. I started with a red top and yellow top in a dual battery system with an Isolator. I used the red to start and both under heavy loads. The red top got ran over :alcoholic: and I've bought 2 orbitals since then. 1 died after some serious recovery work and the other one is in the wifes car. My origional yellow top I got in 2001 is still going strong in my DD. I will be buying 2 more for the truggy :awesomework:

Just finished up installing my new Exide Orbital and relocating the solenoids and rewiring the 8274. I can't wait to go get stuck and test it out. :D

I need to make a new battery tie-down first though. The Exide is taller than a red top, so my old setup won't work any more. All the better, since it was kind of cheesy. Need to fab up something nice and secure.

Last edited: