• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats your take on LSDs?

2DoorRunner

Im just curious as to what everyone thinks of limited slips.

I swapped my old gears into my new truck. So now i have a set of 5.71s to sell. The rear diff has an lsd, and the front is open. I have a spool to throw in before selling them, and am debating on installing the spool in the open diff, to sell them as a lsd front/spool rear pair.

Or should i toss the lsd and sell them as a open front/spooled rear pair.

I was going to run the lsd up front, but i dont like how it functions and feels.
What would you rather have?

You probably just have a v6 diff.

LSDs in toyotas are NOT common.

They never came in old toyotas, so they are not a scrounge item.

People buying 5.71 gears dont buy posis either.

I doubt its a LSD.

Put up a pic and prove me wrong?

LSDs are junk anyways.

You might just kill a sale if you put it in there.

Sell it by itself.

The only person that will buy 5.71 diffs are a poser.

Posers are dumb and cheap. A real wheeler would never run 5.71s. A real wheeler would never use a LSD/Posi in a truck. EVER.

So if the 5.71 has a LSD it kills the option of using a locrite (posers love locrites/ausie etc).

Said poser doesnt own a tow rig or trailer so thats why he is looking for 5.71 for his daily driven monster truck. He will be happier with the open diff that has the option of adding a locwrong later on.

Then you can sell the LSD (if it is one) to a roady with a celica.

All happy campers then. You so less work and sell all parts to more people.

It depends on what kind of wheeling you do. For some, LSDs are good enough for mild forest service roads. For others like Choppy :worship: LSDs would never workf or him.

It is all in what the rig is used for.

LSDs are junk anyways.

You might just kill a sale if you put it in there.

Sell it by itself.

The only person that will buy 5.71 diffs are a poser.

Posers are dumb and cheap. A real wheeler would never run 5.71s. A real wheeler would never use a LSD/Posi in a truck. EVER.

So if the 5.71 has a LSD it kills the option of using a locrite (posers love locrites/ausie etc).

Said poser doesnt own a tow rig or trailer so thats why he is looking for 5.71 for his daily driven monster truck. He will be happier with the open diff that has the option of adding a locwrong later on.

Then you can sell the LSD (if it is one) to a roady with a celica.

All happy campers then. You so less work and sell all parts to more people.

1. ^This is a **** stick of a post^. :looser:
"Real Wheelers" swim with the Lock Ness Monster if you catch my drift.
I don't have a tow rig and have lots of friends that run 5.xx gears. I guarantee we have all wheeled a hell of a lot more than you have this past year. Yes, I bit on your ****in troll post.

2. I would rather have an open diff. It leaves open the option of a lunch box locker because "Real Wheelers" are open to any option that gets them out there more often and on trails they want to run. It also eliminates any maintenance down to road to keep an LSD in operation.

It depends on what kind of wheeling you do. For some, LSDs are good enough for mild forest service roads. For others like Choppy :worship: LSDs would never workf or him.

It is all in what the rig is used for.

Why would you want a LSD over an open diff on a gravel road? :corn:

Toyotas get wheeled, or posed on the streets by young people.

FS road kinda rigs generally have a name that starts with a "J". :;

Last edited:
1. ^This is a **** stick of a post^. :looser:
"Real Wheelers" swim with the Lock Ness Monster if you catch my drift.
I don't have a tow rig and have lots of friends that run 5.xx gears. I guarantee we have all wheeled a hell of a lot more than you have this past year. Yes, I bit on your ****in troll post.

2. I would rather have an open diff. It leaves open the option of a lunch box locker because "Real Wheelers" are open to any option that gets them out there more often and on trails they want to run. It also eliminates any maintenance down to road to keep an LSD in operation.

The OP asked about toyota diffs.

I could care less if 5 series gears work well for the rest of the world. In the toy world 5.29s are marginal and 5.71 are JUNK.

But in my old dana 60 I would have no problem beating a set of 6 series gears.

Your comparison of "other brand" wheelers has NOTHING to due with the toyota world. MY stereo type of the possible buyers are nowhere even close to the typical daily driver 4x4 consumer.

I am pretty familiar with toy axles. I wheel more in my sleep than the amount of ass Chuck Norris kicks.

Yours truly, the troll. :kiss:

The OP asked about toyota diffs.

I could care less if 5 series gears work well for the rest of the world. In the toy world 5.29s are marginal and 5.71 are JUNK.

But in my old dana 60 I would have no problem beating a set of 6 series gears.

Your comparison of "other brand" wheelers has NOTHING to due with the toyota world. MY stereo type of the possible buyers are nowhere even close to the typical daily driver 4x4 consumer.

I am pretty familiar with toy axles. I wheel more in my sleep than the amount of ass Chuck Norris kicks.

Yours truly, the troll. :kiss:

Thanks Mr. Troll. I was referring to Toy axles. I started with Toys and actually know a good about them, so much so I will probably go back to a Toy when I am done with my Jeep. I was also referring to friends that wheel Toys. You are all good though. At least you responded to your anit-troll response. Aren't "real wheelers" supposed to be wheeling now?

:fawkdancesmiley:

Thanks Mr. Troll. I was referring to Toy axles. I started with Toys and actually know a good about them, so much so I will probably go back to a Toy when I am done with my Jeep. I was also referring to friends that wheel Toys. You are all good though. At least you responded to your anit-troll response. Aren't "real wheelers" supposed to be wheeling now?

:fawkdancesmiley:

Cant wheel today. I had to finish setting up the third toyota diff for the weekend. Two destructo diffs and one ratio change.

Sometimes I have to make sacrifices so others can wheel before me.

I didnt mean to make fun of your locrite either. :kissmyass:

No time to wheel with all the swimming I do. :D

For the record, I do not have a loc rite. But I have had one before and they work for us small tire guys.

Choppy, can you please bring us more entertainment and start a thread about what a "real wheeler" is? :haha:

Choppy, can you please bring us more entertainment and start a thread about what a "real wheeler" is? :haha:

I cant exactly define a real wheeler, but here is an example of a never wheeler

Just picked up the high pinion 30 out of a 98 yesterday, along with a disc 8.8 with 4.10's. Plans have already changed and I don't need them anymore.

I've been running an LSD in my front 60 on 39 boggers for a couple of years and have never had a problem with it. I like because it's not that bad to stear the bitch.

Jesus christ what a bitchfest:rolleyes:

First off, i know its an LSD, not a v6 diff.

I will take your advice chopshop and sell the lsd separate. But who the **** cares what defines a real wheeler. I know for myself, my rig will be built to my liking. Whether its building a square toob cage, or tossing an lsd in the front of my rig. (Although i should add that i will do neither of those:redneck:)

depends on the type of lsd.. clutch or cone unit... scrap metal... if its a torsen, there good units .
but it all depends on use, and what you expect out of it.

fyi; if it is a rear torsen, to use it in the front, you would need to disasemble it and flip the worms.

Latest posts