• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel adapter questions

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Will 2 piece wheel adapters hold up in a wheeling environment?

I found two different sets of wheel adapters for my project. The 2 piece adapters are half of the cost of the one piece design.

Anyone have any experience with a 2 piece adapter on a rig that gets the **** kicked out of it?

http://www.ezaccessory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5450-8650P&CartID=1

Bolt the inner ring on using the factory studs, then bolt the outer ring to the inner ring using some allen head bolts. Then bolt the wheel to the outer ring.

Sounds sketch to me.

6550-8650V-2.jpg

He is obviously trying to convert a rear axle from 5x4.5 to 8x6.5 How do new wheels help him do that?

I would just convert both of the axles to 5x5.5. No adapters needed.

He is obviously trying to convert a rear axle from 5x4.5 to 8x6.5 How do new wheels help him do that?

I would just convert both of the axles to 5x5.5. No adapters needed.
Or just put a real axle in the back of it to match the front :fawkdancesmiley:

id just get new axels with the 8 bolt pattern....

:D

i certainly would not trust aluminium threads to hold my wheels on......

Have you checked into the cost of new rear axle shafts with the correct bolt pattern and/or the cost of new wheel hubs with the correct bolt pattern?

Unless you need to widen the housing, I prefer to NOT use wheel spacers.

That typed, I do have 1/2 spacers in the back, to keep the tires from rubbing the springs. And I did buy 1.5 inch spacers for TTC, but didn't need them.

I'd buy new wheels long before I'd trust threaded aluminium to hold my heavy tires & wheels on.

There are THOUSANDS of wheelin rigs, especially Toyotas, running around on threaded aluminum spacers.

I beat the **** out of mine w/ H1's and 39.5" Rockers for 2 years w/o any problems at all...

There are THOUSANDS of wheelin rigs, especially Toyotas, running around on threaded aluminum spacers.

I beat the **** out of mine w/ H1's and 39.5" Rockers for 2 years w/o any problems at all...

What? I've never seen a toyota running a 2 piece bolt together adapter like karl is talking about. I can't imagine why they would, toyota guys are never trying to change the bolt pattern. They are just trying to make up for narrow axles and use a normal 1-piece spacer with press-in studs.

:eeek:
What? I've never seen a toyota running a 2 piece bolt together adapter like karl is talking about. I can't imagine why they would, toyota guys are never trying to change the bolt pattern. They are just trying to make up for narrow axles and use a normal 1-piece spacer with press-in studs.

I never said toys were running 2piece units ...

White Trash said he wouldn't trust aluminum holding heavy totes and wheels ... I was just saying it is out there everywhere

He is talking about the threads holding the 2 piece adapters together. That has nothing to do with 1 piece adapters. 1 piece adapters don't have any threads in them.

He is talking about the threads holding the 2 piece adapters together. That has nothing to do with 1 piece adapters. 1 piece adapters don't have any threads in them.

Exactly there is a gifuckingnormous difference between aluminum spacers with splined press in studs vs 2 piece adapters that are held together by bolts threaded into one of them.

Latest posts